Vegans on a rampage

Well, share it.

2 Likes

What the actual fark? :scream:

4 Likes

It kinda is for the actual meat…

4 Likes

My parents came up to stay with us during my son’s vegetarian stage.

We all sat down for a beautiful meal Nonna had cooked (my mother, can’t remember what it was now, but had meat), my son only dished up the vegetables. Nonno (my father) asks him don’t you like what was cooked, my son responds, yes I do but have I am now vegetarian.

Nonno looks at him incredulous and says, but, but, no one in our family is vegetarian. Like it was something hereditary or contagious. :grinning: We all cracked up apart from Nonno.

6 Likes

Ok. Blue is not really my fancy, but the trick is to put the steak, (we always used fillet) into a bowl of warm water (not hot) for 5 mins or so, (patting down with a clean cloth or I suppose now a good paper towel might do) before putting it to the grill for a minute or less each side.

1 Like

If your Nonno is from good peasant stock then meat would have been more a luxury for feast days. Nothing wrong with pasta fagioli.

5 Likes

The ones I have met have been utter nutjobs

I’m sure there’s normal ones too

Of course they are nut jobs; their brains have protein deficiency.

2 Likes

Spot on. Near was expensive for them, that’s why when it is time to do the salami not a single piece of the pigs gets wasted. They even boil the pig fat and eat that (it is putridly disgusting)

Something about ‘empty gourds making the most noise’

These Vegans are barking up the wrong street! I mean they should head over to the other side of the city and stake out (not a pun) Little Bourke street and those ■■■■■■■ disgusting fish tank restaurants - legalised animal abuse for your dining pleasure, or maybe they just want you to see where the food is coming from and how it’s been treated.
Surprised Dutton hasn’t lectured the state Government on how Victorians are too scared to eat out at night because of Vegans. Come on Barnaby!
All flippancy aside, I don’t have a strong feeling on the ethics of their public stunt either way but if this thread is any guide, it’s worked, 129 responses in a day or so and some of them vaguely sympathetic. Expect more.
PS I wasn’t joking about the ■■■■■■■ fish tank restaurants.

"It;s OK to eat fish cause they…

… don’t have any feelings …" - K. Cobain '91

How do you pronounce Nonno"? Is it ‘Non-no’ or ‘No-No’?

Mmm… Juicy.

and the ‘o’ is pronounced o like in orange.

1 Like

Thanks.

yeah see the hard part of sacrifice for me would be more around respect of islamic beliefs outside of pork.

I think that belief is at least grounded in some fact/merit. swine unless its very carefully bred is a pretty unhealthy animal to eat. filthy.

i think , but dont know aussie pork is of decent standard. wouldnt touch asian, american, latin american reared pig.

your body will thankyou. particulalry if it swore you off all bacon and salamis. :blush:

MEAT

2 Likes

err scroll up.

To kill a vegan vampire, would it take a steak through the heart?

2 Likes