Vegans

The dietary choices of other people are so very, very important to my own mental well being.

4 Likes

Great big whoppers they are

1 Like

Trips me out how it can matter so much to some people. Same with other people’s beliefs. Whether that be religion or sexual preferences or whether you should wear two socks of the same colour.

Are you really that insecure about your own beliefs or opinions that you need to get stuck into other people about theirs?

I love listening to other people’s weird and wonderful thoughts. Most of the time it’s not going to change the way I think about things, but I like listening to them anyway.

13 Likes

Nothing like the smell of a vegan burger paddy on a BBQ. Mmmm mmmm mmmm.

As long as you’re not a grown man who rides a bike, you can eat all the salad you want as far as I’m concerned.

I think that’s more to do with fibre in the diet.

4 Likes

Totally unrelated though I don’t think the thread will suffer from a derailment, did you really play ‘Head Over Heels’ in the DJ King thread ?

I mean, I love the song also, but you’ve got to know that’s DJ suicide in there !

The avatar is Head Over Heels but I played a 21st century song of theirs to get booted.
That’s twice they’ve done it to me, so yeah…as dangerous as the Beastie Boys.

4 Likes
7 Likes

I was vegetarian.
After watching the new doco the game changers im gonna go vegan and see if it changes my energy levels and that.

Im not one of them that tell others what to do , on this issue, you wanna eat meat , go for it.

1 Like

Vegans are like chicken wings. Too bony and not enough meat. I’ll stick to cows.

2 Likes

Difference is none are hot

My take on this is that a lot of people, me included, get pretty p*ssed off with militant vegans abusing others’ for their food choice. So it is only natural that these cranks will provoke some form of push back.

I have friends and relatives who are vegans and who respect others’ choices. And I’m perfectly fine with them and their choices. But faced with a screaming bunch of fascists when I’m trying to enjoy my food choices, I have a very different attitude to vegans.

5 Likes

Where are you eating for this to occur?

2 Likes

I enjoy going to BBQ’s and telling the cook “please don’t cook my steak on the same hot plate as the vegeburgers, as I don’t want to contaminate my meat”.

1 Like

This thread is going down as well as a vegan pizza at a Buck’s Night.

2 Likes

Wait, this doesn’t happen to you all the time?

Just hordes of militant vegans, abusing all and sundry as they eat their meal.

2 Likes

I don’t know what’s happened to BBQ’s these days.

Apparently it’s ten people standing around nodding in furious agreement that “you can’t even speak your mind these days”. Until the vegan turns up and everyone turns around and says not you, you shut your stinking faciest pie hole.

The BBQ’s I go to are so much tamer in comparison.

5 Likes

It’s like this podcast I was listening to by a bunch of guys who answer to nobody, are totally uncensored and say whatever they want.

Anyway, they were talking about freedom of speech, political correctness and how they can’t say anything they want…

2 Likes

These days the same can be said about people who really really hate vegans it seems.

6 Likes