Vetoing away games for 2016

As the title says, I can think of no better way of sending a clear message of disgust to the AFL, which hurts them in the only way they care about i.e. $$$.

While I have to admit the thought of watching a C-grade side likely get smashed every week doesn’t fill me with joy, I won’t do anything which will harm my club. To that end, I have renewed my membership and I will duly front up to the home games and heartily support anyone who dons the sash (yep, even Clinton Jones if it comes to that…).

But I have no objections to wounding the AFL and other clubs, none at all, so I absolutely will not front up to any away games… hell, I won’t even give the AFL the satisfaction of TV viewing.

I heartily urge all Essendon supporters to do the same - fill all home games to the brim, blackban all away games. Nothing will hurt Gildo, Sh1tzpatrick and their cronies more than a half-full Anzac Day with barely 50K there, a Richmond game with 40K there, even the opening GCS game with only the Suns’ 17 supporters there.

It’ll be a kick in the nuts for the AFL, and the other clubs particularly the Bulldogs, Roos and Demons whose gate-takings we’ve been propping-up for years now. Fark them all… (yes, I know the Anzac Day gate is halved betwixt the clubs every year, but it’s a principle that must be set and the biggest H and A game of them all is the perfect forum…)

$$$ are the only thing that matters to the AFL, and this is our chance to hit them where it hurts. Me alone will make no difference at all, but en masse we can most definitely make a stance.

I won’t be going to away games. I have my membership so I will cheer loud and proud at our home games.

Suggested this many times but people think that by doing it we aaren’t supporting the players. I’ll be doing it, that’s for sure. Clubs want to play us as the home team because they budget for decent crowds so by only getting 25000 to the game, that will hurt them more than us.

i’ll still go to the only local game I can see, Round 1 v Suns.

There’s a fair chance that our results this year will see this happen anyway, without any concerted effort.

It won’t hurt the CAS judges, or WADA, or McDevitt or Dank, so I personally don’t see the point.

But each to their own. I encourage EFC fans to deal with this mess however they see fit.

So, boycott, not overrule?

I’d rather be there providing support to the players. Understand the reasoning, but I won’t be doing it.

I like the idea of doing anything that’ll hurt the hip pockets of any other club and the AFL. And I was up for this 2 days ago. The only problem I see with this is that once opposition supporters get wind of it they’ll turn up in droves to counter it.

I’ll be doing it. But that’s because I have a home game membership.

Im tempted to go to Anzac Day, hopefully it means we will be able to get tickets easier if away game.
Only want to go if we can be competitive though. don’t want to watch a 100 point flogging.

I wont be going to any game (joy of having a 2yr old and no money) but all the best… I reckon just the general slaughter that will occur to us week in and week out will do the afl more damage.

Suggested this many times but people think that by doing it we aaren't supporting the players. I'll be doing it, that's for sure. Clubs want to play us as the home team because they budget for decent crowds so by only getting 25000 to the game, that will hurt them more than us.

They can show support to players in other ways; training, social media etc… Let them know why they won’t be there, but they still support the players.

Away game memberships would already be providing revenue to those clubs (I think), so those members could probably go without any additional impact. I believe there is some food and beverage receipts sharing to home clubs as well though, so boycotting the buying of food and drink at the grounds should also hurt.

Not too mention, not watching games (except Essendon Home) on TV. A huge drop in audiences could help push a far lower amount on the next TV rights. I’m not going to find this hard at all, the sport is ■■■■ and boring now anyway.

Whilst I understand your logic, it doesn’t help Essendon. Kicking goals to a silent stand will not only be demeaning and demotivating for the players but also add to the general dark cloud of doom hovering over the club. Essendon needs all the support it can get whenever it runs onto the field to support the players and uphold the passion for the club.

It would be terrible if Essendon supporters are not there in numbers at the G or Ethihad when they play.

Simply we need to move on. Focus on rebuilding this club together in every way. Essendon will not benefit from ongoing protests etc.

Would have been a good year for the AFL to send essendon to Tassie for a match.

Boycott the Olympics.
This saga is a consequence of corrupt old men trying to control all world sport.

Not too mention, not watching games (except Essendon Home) on TV. A huge drop in audiences could help push a far lower amount on the next TV rights. I'm not going to find this hard at all, the sport is ■■■■ and boring now anyway.

This would have worked had they not already signed a 6 year $2+ Billion deal last year

Lets not underestimate the burden that will be left largely to a group of kids and some ring-ins.

Boys in a mans world springs to mind.

They are carrying , in their minds, the burden of performing under the name Essendon and the weight of expectation of playing in what should be an A grade team, in an A grade competition, against other A grade teams. They will get smashed in many if not most games. They need cheers when they kick goals or make a good play. They need to hear words of encouragement and clapping when they walk off regardless of the score. Getting slaughtered with nothing but the jeers of the opposition supporters to be heard will be demoralizing to say the least.

The 34 have copped a whack, and so have the 22 that will take the field each week.

clog up the stupid fence at the G so not even the oppo supporters can get in…

I have a reserved seat at our away games, if i don’t rock up does it make any difference to the home teams gate takings?

Poor idea IMO. I get the reasoning but the boys need us. Baguley didn’t do anything wrong. He doesn’t deserve this. Ditto Demps. Ditto Smack. etc. etc. Imagine those poor prics turning up to fkg Subi with a bunch of ■■■■■■ ring ins to this sort of “message”.