VFL and VFLW cancelled for weekends of 29-30 May, 5-6 & 12-13 June 2021 - but back now

Joke

1 Like

Clarified what flipped meant.

Willy have confirmed their games next week are against our VFLW (as suggested above) and Richmond’s VFL (someone who cares can work out what that latter bit means).

No dates, but they are not calling it a “double-header” any more. They say the draw will be released Monday.

https://www.williamstownfc.com.au/10-latest-news/2282-state-league-update-training-commences-fixtures-postponed

So someone is reporting Hird is playing seconds somewhere. Any idea where?

Edit: this:

2 Likes

she was at Punt Rd Oval

2 Likes

Hopefully @Paul_Cousins can give us the good oil. Although I wonder if it just involved AFL listed players

Just a bit of a mixed scratch match / match sim with several different clubs involved I think - AFL listed only I think so not a VFL game nor any VFL program involvement AFAIK.

So basically I don’t know much :joy:

8 Likes

A Hird sighting

1 Like

Looks like Cutler played

Momentum is building, c’mon Tommy, you’ve got this.

lol did north put their first pick from last year in our colours for the scratch match?

@theDJR Is there any VFL games played this weekend?

1 Like

Yes. if you want to see any of it you can hope it’s televised (7 is doing Willy/Richmond on Sunday) or find a spot outside the fence (if possible for the ground in question)

How come they can play a scratch match and not a VFL normal round without spectators?

Scratch match was only afl players. You can put the afl players into a bubble and test them.

Vfl players are all working normal jobs, so far higher risk of catching Covid.

1 Like

So we are playing the Bullants at the Hanger on Sat 12noon with gates closed.

Confirmed?

Kayo has us versus Box Hill on Sunday at 12noon, and a Freebie broadcast.

Lists us first, so presumably The Hangar as it’s easier to lock crowds out there.

1 Like

correct @theDJR

Are Werribee back playing at Chrinside again?

There’s a few spots outside the ground there where you’d be able to see most of the oval (from memory), so I’ll probably pop down and have a look if that’s where the game is at.