VFL - Elimination Final vs Pies @ Port Melbourne, 2:10pm Sunday 2 September 2018

Yeeeeeewwww :wink:

Onto next week.

16 Likes

Yay I can go to the game next week :slight_smile:

Any highlights anywhere?

Good to hear, he would be worth taking a risk on.

:sunglasses: quality umpiring, ‘cause they did what Trev and I said!

4 Likes

Watched todays game and was impressed with the depth & development of our key position players.

But overwhelmingly felt worried about our lack of depth & lack of development in our senior & rookie listed midfielders - WTF are they??

1 Like

We need to trade & delist our depth in already strong areas.

2 Likes

I know, it was so satisfying.

Yeah, bullshit. But you’ve gotta take them. You just know there will be one the other way next week.

So @DJR is it Saturday next week? (Serious Q)

For some reason fewer people tend to show up to the first week of finals (dons fans) every year. After that people start to get more into it - should be close to 4,000 there next week with good weather.

NEXT WEEK

1st SEMI FINAL: RICHMOND vs ESSENDON

Saturday September 8, 12.40pm @ Stannards Stadium (North Port Oval)

Broadcasts: Channel 7 / Aussie Digital

2 Likes

IN A NUTSHELL: Essendon led all afternoon against Collingwood, but needed to stop a number of Magpie comebacks throughout the afternoon for victory. Jumping out to a 29-point lead early in the second quarter, Callum Brown led a Collingwood revival, kicking two goals and finishing the day with 24 disposals as the Bombers lead was reduced to 11 points. It was the closest the Magpies would get for the rest of the contest, as Essendon kicked late goals via Merrett and Sibbald to finish the half 34-point leaders. Essendon took its lead out to 35 points during the second half, with Collingwood unable to by-pass the work of Aaron Francis across half back.

KEY MOMENTS: With 24 points separating the teams at three quarter time, Josh Green put the game beyond doubt for the Bombers in the final term, kicking all four final term goals for Essendon to take him tally for the day to five, and provide his team with a semi final berth against Richmond.

LEADING GOALKICKERS: Collingwood – C.Brown 3, Gallucci 2, Smith 2 / Essendon – Green 5, Merrett 4, Stewart 2, Sibbald 2

FORMLINES: The Magpies finished the season with three straight wins, but suffered its first defeat of the season to the Bombers in the final. / Essendon won its final two games, after a six game losing streak in the second half of the season. It was the first win for the Bombers against Collingwood for 2018, previously only getting within 26 points of the Magpies.

5 Likes

Saturday 8 September

Summary

Min 6
Max 17
Mostly sunny.
Chance of any rain: 10%

Melbourne area

Mostly sunny. Areas of morning frost about the nearby hills. Light winds.

2 Likes

Glorious

Perfect day for footy

So good. Makes that rubbish night at Kardinia Park feel worthwhile.

I hate Callum Brown’s face and hope I don’t have to see it in the seniors.

2 Likes

It’s a pity the Richmond AFL side isn’t playing at the same time.

1 Like

You beauty. Let’s knock off these Richmond upstarts now. Building a winning culture.

1 Like

Agreed. He has a very good understanding of positioning and closing angles. Very impressive.