VFL - Elimination Final vs Pies @ Port Melbourne, 2:10pm Sunday 2 September 2018

Paul,

What is Heath’s status for next season?

Does he have a deal in place or is it a year to year agreement?

I have seen a lot of VFL this year & his leadership & coaching has been outstanding

2 Likes

Yeah I tweeted it last night, the entire play was super, from Wilson Berry’s strength in the contest, vision and release through the front of the contest to Hindy’s run and delivery to Jacko who’d worked hard to get out the back - but Buddha’s shepherd was a thing of beauty that summed our day up perfectly. Everyone had a role and played it, they weren’t all glamorous.

14 Likes

I have no idea what his plans are beyond the next 3-4 weeks at this stage sorry Tombob, but I know what his plans are for that period and I’m hoping it comes together.

Agree his leadership has been extremely important, he and Aaron Heppell really take ownership of making sure the boys are up and doing the right things, among many others of course.

7 Likes

Hind reminds me of Winderlich running off half-back. I hope we reward him with a spot, I’d like kids to play for our reserves thinking we give legit pathways from VFL to AFL level if you play well enough.

12 Likes

Zerk-Thatcher’s going to be enormous for us in the coming years. It’s easy to focus on his marking, which is very good, but his ground play is so composed and he has that Neale Daniher knack of picking out the best option even in heavy traffic. Appears to have a decent kick on him as well - I wonder if he could ever play forward?

4 Likes

Might not have had tons of the footy but there’s more to the game than possessions, thought Jayden was super impactful at times and gave a really genuine target and contest when playing forward. He also hit the scoreboard early and took a couple of lovely contested marks. Played a key role for us to good effect.

9 Likes

Colyer out Hind in

2 Likes

Really? It was very late, and the idea is to stop players from delaying the person who marked it from moving it on quickly. He clearly shoved him to the ground, the only question is whether the gap from the time he marked it was sufficient. I’d have said it was pretty grey and open to interpretation on that front.

1 Like

Definitely a keeper. Has come ahead in leaps and bounds since pre-season and I have no doubt will be a 100+ game player for the Dons if managed appropriately.

2 Likes

I thought it was a clear 50. That is paid 9 time’s out of 10 at AFL level. He wasn’t in the marking contest so had no right to push him

Just got to find time in between “baking the loaves”!! :joy:

1 Like

Hmm, I’d heard Geelong had won! Obviously I heard wrong.

Casey won by around 80…

Is there any AFL players coming into the side next week that are eligible?

So, we’re barracking for Melbourne this Friday so that they can’t send any AFL players back to the VFL.

1 Like

6 Likes

For us? It depends on why Houlahan missed, with several people claiming different reasons. Clarke might miss depending on how he pulls up.

I don’t think we have anyone else who is VFL eligible, fit, and missed this week.

1 Like

Houla reckons he’s a chance if we can go deep into the finals, hammy. Leuey is the only other one, not sure how far away he is but he’d be a big in if we could get him back.

12 Likes

that’s more like this one

lonergan-Carazzo

4 Likes

lol yeah - I’m sick - half-arsed attempt