VFL - not 2021 round 14 vs Nth - aboods reports on us/Norf vs the Bears

So taking >100 Ess and Norf people up there.

Not sure how a game in Qld will work with the non AFL listed players.

Just give us random QLD people off the street to play. Can’t do any worse.

4 Likes

Very true. Hadn’t thought about it rationally

1 Like

Austin Lucy, Fraser Thurlow, John Williams … get them in!

2 Likes

Rhys Magin is probably up for a game

2 Likes

Isn’t that how we got our VFL players this year?

7 Likes

They might make up 2 teams from Essendon, North, Sydney and GWS. But lots of warts on it if so eg unless the other 3 have a similar number of injuries as us (probably not), there would be a lot more than 44 available.

All VFL round has been cancelled

DAMN , my Granny was gonna put her hand up , She would love to Don the Sash

2 Likes

The VFL has been a disaster zone in 2021 which has been magnified by the poor fixturing - By fixturing a 16 game season in COVID times, you reduce your flexibility.

2 Likes

Imagine choosing the middle of a pandemic as a time to switch the league from a Victorian-based to a national one. Just imagine how stupid you would have to be.

16 Likes

You’re forgetting this is the AFL. They actually believe they are bigger than the pandemic!!!

2 Likes

That’s literally what was going to happen. Asking around for players at local clubs.

For those Brisbane people, I understand there will be a scratch match between a combined Essendon/North VFL team and Brisbane at Cansdale street Yeronga starting at 11.30 Saturday

3 Likes

I’ll try and go along

2 Likes

Ok I’m going, but I’m not sure I’ll stay for the whole game… depends how interested I can keep my boys.

anyone have any requests for who to watch?
Any idea who will be playing? I’m guessing…

Hird
Clarke
McBride
Cahill
Johnson
Brand
Bryan
Eyre
Zaharakis?
Zerk
Francis???

I assume Ham will be sub

6 Likes

Legend! Keen to see if Francis plays and how he plays and probably see if Hird can continue his good form.

2 Likes

Got here just as they started.
Wearing North Melbourne jumpers. Possibly 50 people watching. Must be exciting for the North players to play in front of this many people

32 Likes

Francis playing.
Also Zaka, Bryan, Zerk, Hird, Clarke, Cahill.

Not sure about Brand, McBride and Eyre because the numbers are all over the place (Eg Francis in 86 and Zaka in 60)

Eyre might be 38 for us

16 Likes