VFL Practice Game Dons v Cats 12 March 2016 - photos

We won! Good game time into a number of our senior / rookie list and may have unearthed a couple of good VFL supplementary players - pity I can’t tell you their names. I’m sure DJR will fill in the blanks.

Here’s some pics…apologies in advance if Hams hogs the lens but he did captain the team and certainly led from the front. Should be elevated immediately.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Shauny Edwards got amongst the action early on but his effectiveness with the ball still needs improvement.

“Shall we dance?” Leueny looked good and rucked most of the game without any physical discomfort.

Morgan showed plenty of pace and ability to get into the action. Will see senior time during 2016.

Nathan Grima is all class. Directed the action from defence. Stills needs to get his physical endurance and ability to make second efforts up to senior standard but this will come with game time.

Wil Hams played as a midfielder for the vast majority of the game and was generally the one to be first to get his hands on the ball. His evasion skills have also improved significantly.

Mason Redman has both a good turn of pace and is generally an accurate kick. Here, he only just evades the “fickle finger of fate”!

…again, Hamsy was first to a contested possession at a stoppage and drew the free from his Geelong opponent.

…and again, Wil shows a group of Cats a clean pair of heals to feed the ball to a teammate at the stoppage.

Aaron Francis shows heaps of confidence for his age in reading the play. He tends to work off his opponent with the confidence to make ground and cover him where necessary.

Aaron Heppell gives you 100% for the full game. He may not have the elite skills or pace of his brother but he is a valuable acquisition for the VFL Bombers.

Sam Michael. Strong body and competitive at hitouts. Needs to work a bit more on his timing for marking. Here he was on a solid lead but did not finish up taking the mark.

…and last but not least, our intrepid reporter, DJR, found a spot on the hill behind the goals to tap out his observations. Thanks DJR!

Catch some of my photos on Instagram at Karmabomber.

Are there hot chips behind in the long grass?

Note we have won every game this year that I have worn my new socks, and lost every game I have not.

Can’t be stuffed turning up the air conditioner so I can wear them against West Coast.

Needs a red qwilt for those cold days.

My sole claim to fashion is that I synchronise by buying red and black things.

Tit for tat ?

Tit for tat ?

■■■■■■ hell trying to make a pathetic joke . "Breast for tat " doesn’t rhyme with hat so well