VFL Practice Match Colac 11th March 2018

Telstra are a bunch of dicks but it was Essendon that relinquished the site’s total control. Big time stuff up.

Wasn’t about ‘relinquishing control’. The website is part of the digital media rights that Telstra purchased.

Whatever you call it I would have kept total control of the website like how it used to be.

Update for you @Bomb_Doe:

Currently training up back end Devs to push out the updates. The content is there ready to go. Will be up in the next two weeks. (AFL profiles hopefully this week)

I hope that helps to somewhat explain the delay.

2 Likes

Knowing us, we’ll probably spend an off season training them up as back end devs then they’ll finally get a crack as property stewards.

8 Likes

Thank-you for the information. It is genuinely appreciated having this link to the club through you.

I’ll leave the website matters at that as I’m sure the feedback on here has been clear. And hopefully it works better in the future.

3 Likes

maybe Langford’s position is back end developer

4 Likes

Is this another forward / back debate?

1 Like

Thanks for the report. Just to let you know Hocking only played the first half. Had to fly to Darwin as part of his coaching duties. Think he will bring a harder edge to the vfl team.

2 Likes

OK, that presumably means all 26 named played.

Hopefully not for long Matt.

1 Like

Is there another one this weekend?

Thanks DJR

1 Like

This will be a footy free weekend. Our next practice match is at Werribee the day after AFL round 1.

2 Likes

That wasn’t possible.

You saying he has a big ■■■■?

1 Like

Yes you had to pay a fee to access certain content (video). They owned it but than they passed it on to telstra.

You understand that the AFL essentially own the clubs, right?

1 Like

Maybe Catherine_Lio can answer it…but I do remember that we were the only club who had some type of control over the website.

We did for a while… now it’s part of the media rights deal and while (I believe) we still have content control we have no control over structure.

Hopefully we’ll get on top of it soon because it is annoying, as is the lack of membership cards. I printed my own stickers I’m not sure I’m up to printing my own cards :wink:

2 Likes