VFL Practice Match Colac 11th March 2018

I doubt the talent as a inside midfielder

I have no doubt the talent as a half forward

Siren at 25:03

14.10.94 we defeat 6.9.45

17 Likes

Many thanks @DJR - it really is just like you were there, and we all were not.

13 Likes

I guess we will never know because he isnā€™t getting a shot to prove himself.

1 Like

Thanks DJR. I started reading the tail end of this thread three minutes ago, completely forgot it was on. Reading bottom to top, it was hard to tell if we giving them a hiding or they were us for a while.

Relieved as I for one would struggle to take the panic merchants on here after a preseason loss. Fingers crossed for no injuries.

Draper ice on (front of?) right lower leg. Moving OK?

Iā€™m also not going to acknowledge anything about this post.

2 Likes

@paddyl90 was there till three quarter time; he just forgot to contribute.

2 Likes

How many goals did Langford kick?

1. Plus 85 tackles, 307 disposals, 96 marks and 47 clearances. Word are they are going to bring Bird out of retirement to play in the ones next week.
5 Likes

We could go around in circles forever

Either way, heā€™s talented enough to play half forward at worst. I agree re - no opportunity though

Back the coaches in.

Heā€™s getting it done at VFL level. But being taught the defensive side at AFL level, when he comes into AFL team will likely have a defensive role but in time become a senior attacking weapon.

He is no chance of getting a 3rd tall fwd role now that Stewart has it locked down and Stringer will rotate through there also. Neither is LAV.

2 Likes

The reason we are going around in circles is because you refuse to admit he has talent as a mid even though he clearly has.

No one knows for sure whether he will make it but I have seen far worse players given far more opportunity.

I donā€™t believe heā€™s a midfielder. So do a hell of a lot of other people on here. Infact, your heavily outweighed in that Arguement. Maybe, just maybe, we are right

And no, he doesnā€™t clearly have talent as a midfielder, has never done a thing at senior level through the middle. Plenty of blokes are good midfielders in the VFL

1 Like

Bring back James Flaherty and Josh Freezer

1 Like

I must admit, you do have a point re:opportunity.

Most people are moreso frustrated at his lack of grunt/agression/intensity/intent, whatever you call it.

If he was throwing himself hard into contests, and showing ā€˜courageousā€™ acts, I think there would be more patience with him.

1 Like

Other than Langford, how were Ridley and Redman?

Big ups to Smack and Long for playing 5 quarters of footy today

13 Likes

How did Nick Hind go mate ?

Superb call 3DJR

5 Likes