VFL Practice Match vs. Footscray Whitten Oval 12 noon Sat March 31

Younan just tried to kick a banana curving away from the goals. Ambitious.

Merrett follows up by dropping a mark and hitting a guy high (free luckily not paid).

Younan miracle kick touched on line. Another rushed to us. And now Smack has a set shot…

Misses.

80-90

Had our chances in the last.

Advantage call duds us as we run into goal.

Bezerk Thatcher has it at fifty.

Good range, to the left.

81-90

Siren.

11.15.81 loses to 14.6.90

Accuracy matters!

Teams in lines shaking hands.

Found one today… Appropriate that he’d have the last meaningful shot on goal. Lock him in at Full Back for the next ten years. I’m very sorry about the Sean Gregory comparisons…

2 Likes

Looks a natural!

Has presence.

Smack, Long, and Clarke doing laps.

I assume that’s a compliment to them.

Thanks DJR and all for the commentary.

6 Likes

Yep. Cheers all.

1 Like

Was a lot easier with two then three then four guys also calling the play (but not typing) in our row of seats!

Wasn’t able to follow commentary today so would love to know who you thought were our best.

O m g a typo, he is human

I type “firward” so often… That and “s” when I want “a”. You’d think a couple years off the smaller-screened iPhone 4S would see you adapt. Nope.

Odd game. Footscray dominated about two-thirds of the game, generally had better structure and spread, and yet we somehow scored many more times than them.

We got three goals of the week/month/year: Younan+Long, Guelfi… but both of these were then smashed by Hind running straight through two guys and kicking from sixty (no wind help).

Pretty much all of our new recruits have now gathered some serious interest during this pre-season, so feeling good on that.

I particularly liked the games of Long (got lots of it, didn’t get into trouble) and Clarke (the usual plus LOTS of effective-enough kicks).

oldLAV played about 2.5 quarters and was impressive. I know it’s been years since he got a injury-free run at it, but if he ever stays out there there is zero doubt in my mind that he’s best 22.

Thank fark we get a Record next week, even if the club refuse to update their website, and (hopefully) players start wearing the right jumpers too.

29 Likes

Did houlahan play and if so how did he go?