VFL Practice Match vs. Footscray Whitten Oval 12 noon Sat March 31

I love the way Hind plays, but, given the chance, none of 18 clubs wanted him even as a Rookie last year.
Go figure. He is probably too thin to play at AFL level.

Hind.
Hind.
Hind.
Hind.
Hind.

PS. Seriously though, there was one blistering 4Q run, that started with I think a throw in on the wing. Hind collected the ball off the ruckmens hands, sprinted through a crowd of tired looking players, at a speed that shouldn’t be possible at the end of a match, kicked from 60m, it pitched at 5-10m out and kept cartwheeling forward and through.

2 Likes

Not many believed in Tippa for a long time as well.

Only one match but did Zerk show decent mitts? Need some clunking down back.

As someone else has mentioned, he is a raw colt but all the tools are there.

In a word… Yes. A very nice leap as well. Have gone very very early on this kid, but I’m confident. The only barrier will be stacking on more weight, but in his first pre-season he’s stacked on the kgs.

Ridley is the closest to being ready out of the new guys… still light though. Super kick. Question mark is around his ability in the contest.

Redman is the guy you’d give a crack to though… showed a good alround game, and backed up a solid preseason. Disposal efficiency the worry though.

1 Like

Is ridley still showing ability to read and intercept? Without dropping the ball? Because thats our main back line issue right now.

3 Likes

He took some great intercept marks against the dogs. His kicking is elite too. I would take the chance with him next week if he is right to go (fitness wise).

Glad to hear, he really looks like he could be something.

Here is hoping Ridley can bulk up unlike Gleeson then.

I was thinking it is not a good thing that we don’t have other options then I just realised we are playing our depth in the seniors. God forbid they get injured!

By the way, what about Baguley? Should he be considered for the Bulldogs?

Not sure where he is at. Didn’t play in the practice match. Has been a great servant but I think this year is one where I’d like to see him being phased out of the team in favour of new blood. Still great in the contest but is starting to get exposed for pace and agility. I’m not sure there is an aggressive lockdown style back in waiting unfortunately though. Perhaps Redman but he doesn’t have the sureness of ball handling and consistency of disposal skills for mine. Guelfi might be worth a look back there as well.

1 Like