VFL Practice Match vs. Footscray Whitten Oval 12 noon Sat March 31

I agree…moves a bit like silvagni…lots to learn…looking good though…Ridley has been great too.

I say “blow the siren” as they stream towards goal, and they oblige a fraction of a second later.

We trail approx 4.7.31 to 7.3.45

We dominated the last ten minutes, all of a sudden.

LAV gets the boys in a huddle before they depart.

If LAV hadn’t kicked that last running shot OOBTF he would have gotten a massive tick.

Long has been very good.

We’re being beaten in the midfield. Surprised they haven’t thrown Guelfi into centre bounces.

McKernan is 50% genius, 50% disaster.

Redman doesn’t have the disposal skills to play as our rebounding defender IMO.

Zerk closing speed has been good.

1 Like

Ridley and Lav the closest to the ones, from what I’ve seen.
Lav’s physique and skill set, combined with some gut busting urgency would be a thing of beauty and terror.

1 Like

Like that comparison as well… Can someone tell this kid that he’s 196cm and shouldn’t move like he does! Ridley good with ball in hand but needs more physicality… Itll come with more games and continuity and trust in his body…

Not surprised by the Bezerker at all. Oozes quality

4 Likes

Where does Ridley play in the future? Strikes me as an Andrew Mackie type down back.

2 Likes

Went back and my best guess is we’re 4.6

The chips are soggy French fries. @chris_64 is unhappy with the angle of their dangle.

1 Like

Full on Bazooka watch second half…

The chip situation is a disgrace.

Out: large paper bag full of thick cut chips for $3.50
In: small paper cup of thin fries for $4.50

1 Like

Mason Redman needs to control his kicking / disposal a lot better…plays the man well but loses control of his kicking depth / angles…needs more composure.

Laverde looks to be playing the second half.

1 Like

Bazooka looking good in the warm up… Picks up ground balls better than most…,

Completed 2 hot laps of Whitten Oval with my 7 month old son. Now ready for a big second half.

Ridley fumbles early mark but great follow ups.

Bad turnover by them. Younan lining up

First contest… Another forward for Bulldogs drops it in lead and bazooka cruises through and releases Long with a lateral handball… Elite recovery and vision… A shame about the free kick.

Goalski

Mynott snap point.

I’m going with 31-46

Younan intercept mark and goal.

37-46

1 Like