VFL Practice Matches 2017 - last game was Sat April 8 at Punt Road

So you mean "sit tight and be confident " then DJR ?

I also wanted to know how Dylan Clark went in the praccy match.

He was an inside clearance animal in junior footy, but it seems he might be taking a while to get used to the bigger bodies in the open age category.

It has taken almost a year and a second pre-season for Clayton Oliver to really be able to assert himself in the AFL.

Oliver was a beast from his first game. 22 touches and had 7 clearances (the most in the game) on 60% TOG.

Oliver’s problem was (and still is) fitness.

3 Likes

Clarke van unened me.

Thats true, for the first game, He earned a rising star nomination for that game, but tailed off badly through the year and spent extended time in the VFL . Iirc Hopper was also spectacular in his first game, but could not sustain it either.

PS Hopper had 32 disposals in his first game, 9 clearances and 13 contested. so far has not got above 20 disposals since.

2 Likes

He got the ball a little bit but seemingly every time he did he spent it before he had it or fumbled. I’ll be keen to see how he performs on Saturday against Box Hill if he plays.

Next VFL Practice Match:

Sat. March 25 vs Box Hill at Tullamarine. 12pm

HAMS Watch.

3 Likes

The VFL team for tomorrow:

1. Tom Bellchambers
  2. Eamon Ogden
  3. Alex Boyse
  4. Aaron Francis
  5. Kane Noonan
  6. Josh Begley
  7. Kobe Mutch
  8. Jackson Merrett
  9. James Ferry
  10. Eamon Gilbert
  11. Craig Bird
  12. Mason Redman
  13. Mitch Brown
  14. Joel Ottavi
  15. Alex Carr
  16. Ozgur Uysal
  17. Jake Long
  18. Dylan Clarke
  19. Sam Draper
  20. Heath Hocking
  21. Ben Howlett
  22. Ben McNiece
  23. Isaac Muller
  24. Conor McKenna
  25. Matt Dea

I swear they just went out recruiting cool names.

EDIT: stupid forum software renumbers the “list” on the fly — the real numbers remain there in the raw post. Also, depending on your font size, it also does some fancy alignment which sees part of the numbers cropped off…

2 Likes

Bellchambers, Francis, Merrett, Bird, Brown, Hocking, Howlett and Dea should all be dominating at VFL level, especially with pressure for spots.

1 Like

Mildly-edited list to avoid the forum software stuffing up the numbers!

2 Tom Bellchambers
3 Eamon Ogden
6 Alex Boyse
10 Aaron Francis
12 Kane Noonan
16 Josh Begley
19 Kobe Mutch
20 Jackson Merrett
22 James Ferry
23 Eamon Gilbert
24 Craig Bird
27 Mason Redman
28 Mitch Brown
29 Joel Ottavi
30 Alex Carr
32 Ozgur Uysal
34 Jake Long
37 Dylan Clarke
38 Sam Draper
39 Heath Hocking
40 Ben Howlett
41 Ben McNiece
44 Isaac Muller
45 Conor McKenna
49 Matt Dea

1 Like

Note that Stewart is not named and is therefore presumably the seniors emergency player.

3 Likes

Like for like.

Seems like their either not concerned about Gleeson or prepared to change up the structure if he does come out

How has someone not talked about the fact that there is 2 dudes named EAMON playing?

2 Likes

Amen!

1 Like

To be sure, to be sure!

Disappointed for Morgan, pre-season lost again

I would love to know how long he is out for and is it his ankle that’s still bothering him or did he pick up a new injury?

photo MI0001689180.jpg

1 Like