VFL Practice Matches 2017 - last game was Sat April 8 at Punt Road

If you’ve met him, you read all his posts in his voice too

4 Likes

Can’t wait for DJR Mutch (I mean match) summary

1 Like

Tbell will play v hawks

1 Like

Awesome stuff guys! Much appreciated. Sounds like Hooker, Green, T-Bell & Franga all showed plenty.

Who out of Bird, Hocking and Howlett (if any) put their name up for a round one gig?

BIG BOI BELLCHAMBERS

2 Likes

It was a level below, but our talls could go at 75% and get enough to win the game for us. None looked tired at the end.

Howlett the best of those three (especially late) but unlikely to push out the incumbent midfielders.

3 Likes

Get into MAH BELLY!

4 Likes

For those who like to Panic about Francis under-running on the lead: nope, he got it perfect every time, into and with the wind.

22 Likes

Didn’t hear much of Jezza in the 2nd half, … how did he go over the 4? Was he rested for the 2nd half perhaps?

TBell only played a half did he not?

Big call to say he’d be ready for a full game at AFL intensity. Big risk to not have him break down again.

Hooker and Green will be in for sure. Francis showing plenty but can’t run out games yet still.

I reckon we’ve done very well getting Mutch and Draper.

23 Likes

I’m on the Mutch bandwagon looks like a footballer

4 Likes

Tommy played the full last three quarters. Ferry played the last half.

Franga and Hooker and Draper did four quarters, which is fantastic.

10 Likes

Draper a smokey for an early season debut?

2 Likes

Great work DJR. Really enjoyed catching up on the action now the kids are in bed. It’s stuff like this that makes Blitz a comfy place to recline.

5 Likes

What ruck shortage???

F-ing great effort from Crowey and the team to get these two lads into a full game by round one when it matter by the way. Best in the business our man Crowey

9 Likes

Tommy was decent forward and around the ground, so could probably share 50/50 with Smack.

We have a lot of tall options to add, will be balancing to do and Stewart will likely get squeezed out.

Cheers mate.

Francis is one I’m excited to watch this year even if it is in the VFL. Long term, he could be anything, given some conditioning and a decent run free of injury.

4 Likes