VFL Practice Matches 2017 - last game was Sat April 8 at Punt Road

Did Jacko play well @ HB?

Sat behind the great man tonightā€¦no not Aaron Francis, DJR.

The man is a machine with his updates. Much respect.

6 Likes

Does he use mobile or laptop? Mad love if using a mobile

The new @EssendonVFL skipper @NickOBrien5 leads the team out. #DonTheSash pic.twitter.com/8N022ooazR

ā€” Essendon FC (@EssendonFC) March 17, 2017

Mobileā€¦heā€™s a mchine I tells ya.

2 Likes

FFS, ā€¦ how do you embed full tweets, ā€¦ or the Vid from them at least??

Iā€™m sure there is a way here?? N?? Maybe it was on Vanilla?

Hats off to the demon that is DJR

1 Like

I meant Jerret in case that wasnā€™t clear.

He will be a farking gun.

2 Likes

A couple of time I thought it was Hooker clunking, then realised it was Franga.

Hurry up with the review DJR. Lives depend on your sweet words of whoā€™s hot and whoā€™s not

4 Likes

I thought he was solid without standing out. Very calm under pressure and a few nice directed kicks.

Dea on the other hand I thought was very rusty, especially early on, may have had 2-3 kicked on him in the first half. In the last qtr looked more himself.

IN - CAPRI PANTS

OUT - ANYONE

1 Like

Letā€™s get this over with.

Firstly and most importantly, the chips at Zakis were well worth it just like I said. Crisp, not too much salt but still tasty. $3.50 for a healthy serving of chips was excellent.

Hooker lead well and took some good contested grabs against what would have been a lesser opponent. Looks like he may get up for next week but could be a touch underdone.

Bellchambers much the same. I suspect both of one will be rushed back early for next week which may be a worry.

Francis needs to cover more ground. There. I said it. He does the right thing eg contested grabs, strong leads. I feel like his fitness is really the big stumbling block between good footballer and elite footballer. He clearly has talent.

Hocking was quite good around the ball. Geelongā€™s ball movement was much better than ours around the contests despite few AFL listed players. Hocking looks like he is ready to play.

Green is clearly too good for VFL level. Make of that what you will.

Hartley took some good grabs and should be a lock for FB in the senior team.

I was a little disappointed with Hewlett and Long but not as disapppinted as Geelong supporters would be with Motlop.

The overall score line flatters is a little. I thought Geelong totally outplayed us around the ground and forced us to turn the ball over too many times.

Thanks to DJR for running commentary.

20 Likes

Working on it

2 Likes

Stopped reading here. best post game report ever.

4 Likes

Hot Chip report complete, we can lock the thread now. No player reviews needed.

4 Likes

Thanks to DJR, Irons and the rest for the running commentary.

Some promising signs from the players returning from injury. Letā€™s hope they can put in the hard work this week and be up for the game against the Hawks. Would be great to see Hooksy and Belly out there if they are fit.

From Twitter - You will be kept updated of the @EssendonVFL match through our Twitter and a video will be posted later from @EFC_BomberTV.

Updates not as good as DJRs, but a video would be great!

Images now embed in tweets but support seems sketchy for videos.

5 Likes