VFL Practice Matches 2017 - last game was Sat April 8 at Punt Road

I’m shooting his sis a msg. Havnt seen her in a while

JAY???

1 Like

Best: Bellchambers , Boyse, Dea, Howlett, Bird Hocking. Apologies McNiece, McKenna.

3 Likes

Great to see Belly is up and about!!

Thanks to DJR and team for the commentary.

Go Bombers!

2 Likes

Dea did a lot of good stuff after a rubbish game last week. But hard to forgive anyone from the backline for that mess.

1 Like

I had rubbish positions to watch from, but I note:

• Tom Bellchambers rucked most of the game and got lots of miles into the legs. Was going strong at the end. Gotta be close to come in.
  • Alex Boyse consistently starred, 4 (?) goals
  • Aaron Francis: I think he’ll be OK. Karma?
  • Josh Begley didn’t have great output but worked hard.
  • Mitch Brown defender switched forward when we had the wind in the last. Had some wind, had some losses.
  • Jake Long gotta stop getting caught…
  • Sam Draper mostly forward, got to it a bit but dropped quite a few marks in the wind.
  • Ben Howlett had a good game and if only someone else had known how to kick goals in the wind like him…
  • Conor McKenna’s bullet passes are ■■■■■■ fantastic. But like Dea he loses points for being in the backline!
12 Likes

Howlett BOG by a mile. Mckenna and dea earning spots on the podium.

Not sure where the Tbell love is coming from. Did some nice things but still looks short of fitness and match practice. Needs another week or 2 at least.

Clarke got a heap of it as did mutch. Both promising. Begley great in the 1st half but hardly sighted in the second. Hocking quiet most of the game but racked it up in the 4th when we came back.

Boyce can play.

Draper could be anything. He is raw but held his own.

3 Likes

I watched a lot of the ruck contests through binoculars. TBell rucked 100% of the last quarter and in fact most of the game and dominated the hitouts, but the Hawthorn ruckmen were VFL class players, not AFL class. I dont have access to his GPS and heart rate data but his fitness appears to be OK. Many of the clearances won by Howlett and the other mids were off the back of TBell taps to advantage. However, the knock on TBell was his work around the ground, which as you say shows he is short of match practice.

3 Likes

How did Francis play?

Must have been the oranges at half-time.

3 Likes

Suppose it’s better than it coming out Brown

2 Likes

OK, that’s it, no Radio 3DJR for you this week!

(possibly was never going to be in the state anyway…)

Taking my 3 year old son to this, will be his first game (that he will remember) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Assuming/hoping Francis is ok given he wasn’t mentioned in the injury report today.

OH BABY WHITTEN OVAL IS THE HOME OF :fries:

1 Like

When you see stallion is among the latest posters in this thread you have an idea of what it’ll be about

3 Likes

Weather permitting should be making it down tomorrow with 2 little miss Ivans in tow. Don’t know how much footy watching I’ll be able to enjoy and certainly will not be able to do a djr. If you see someone with a 4 year old and a 1 year old climbing on them it is probably me.

3 Likes

11am seems a very early start…

I’m going to try and be there. Any suggestions on where to sit/go/etc? Never been to the Whitten Oval.