VFL - Prelim Final vs Casey @ Port Melbourne, 2:10pm Saturday 15 September 2018

LUKE SHUEY

FROM THE PAINT

OH BABY, THEY’RE OFF TO THE GRAND FINAL

1 Like

We were eight and made the Prelim, stop being silly and maybe congratulate the team before wanting everyone delisted.

12 Likes

Only our defenders kept us in it. Should have lost by 5-10 goals

1 Like

Francis kept going off injured didnt help either.
He was close to our best and they scored all those goals when he was off.

McNeice is not AFL material

When we are having repeat stoppages inside 50 it makes no sense to park your elite tap ruckman behind the ball. Draper should have been taking all the taps in the 3rd when we were domination field position

1 Like

Not everyone delisted, just the list cloggers.
And we finished 8 because we choked during the season. That team should have been pushing for top 4

For anyone hoping for a WC win next week, yes I’m looking at you @Stallion, you all know what the Eagles are going to put up in a GF against Richmond.

PLEASE NO !

2 Likes

No space in our forward line. I’m not 100% sure it would have worked for that reason even though I liked your comment. Would have been defo worth a try.

And fark west coke and their gift premierships.

1 Like

Well that sucked.

Another victory for not playing forwards forward of centre.

They lost their main engine room players when that bad run started to the AFL side.

I agree we lack some more in the middle that we need and I believe both Woosha and Dodoro have identified that and are working on it.

My point is though that you have not once said something nice about how well this team played to recover, make the 8 and then pushed through to a Prelim.

It is a pretty damn fine effort.

7 Likes

Francis was wasted down back in quarters 1 and 3. Needed tall timber when we had the wind.

2 Likes

Well we won two finals and that’s not nothing.

6 Likes

The VFL Preliminary final hoodoo gets us again.

We just can’t get past it ffs.

I’m still flabbergasted by that McNeice brain fade

I dont get it. I thought as long as you are under pressure within 15 meters or whatever it is you can rush it through.

1 Like

And I praised them in previous weeks and at times today but that final 5 minutes of the third quarter and the final quarter were nothing short of disgraceful and no one should be happy finishing fourth. The club seriously has to trade or pay whatever it costs to pick up a legit A grade midfielder because the cupboard is very bare at VFL level unless we can turn one of our 20 defenders into a mid lol. Our defence is set for years though which is a huge positive. A few more culls and then head to trade period full steam

Free everyday of the week. It was terrible.

1 Like

A legit A grade midfielder isn’t going to be playing VFL so not sure what you are carrying on about?

1 Like