VFL - Prelim Final vs Casey @ Port Melbourne, 2:10pm Saturday 15 September 2018

You could tell he was playing sore and seemed frustrated with himself for being unable to compete.
Was upset at the end his last game for us I hope the EFC boys gave him a send off I didn’t see that end part.

You’ll always be our best corgi bomber.

I’m saying that our AFL side won’t improve without one and that there is no one in the VFL currently that will make it.
We are bereft of mids at the club

I know this wont be a popular opinion but the vfl is such a compromised competition when it is there for the benefit of the afl only. I therefore don’t understand why some people get carried away by this loss. Respect to the dedicated vfl watchers though.

2 Likes

Exactly - give me the Melb song over Trout and Co going back to back gloating until times end.
Whoever plays them this is the likely scenario but yes Melb have the better chance of pulling off the upset.

1 Like

Classic Blitz to blame one x howler for a 2.5 goal loss.

It was a bad mistake.

So was Hartley kicking into the man on the mark (after getting the handball). Or Hartley roosting 60m to 3 Casey guys. Or Francis kicking OOBF from a kickout. Or Zerk sitting on the ball and giving up HTB. Or someone handballing straigjt into a Demon rather than kicking a goal from 20 out. Or any of about 50 misses, drops or other mistakes.
Tight game in greasy conditions, mistakes are going to happen.
Casey seemed to bat a lot deeper in midfield, which told towards the end.

9 Likes

Did anyone see Francis attempt to handball over his head and hit himself in the face or was he tackled and hit?

Why do you have to exaggerate everything? This is simply not true.

1 Like

Francis tried to handball over his head and missed. Hit himself in the head instead.

Please name the midfielders that will step up and have tangible impact currently playing vfl

He’s making a general overall comment about our whole midfield at Essendon, not just the VFL side. It was unwarranted straight after a loss. We do not have a dearth of midfielders but we do lack at least one more A grader which I agreed with and have all year.

So you want to join in, then join in with the right conversation.

So you’re dodging the question with a non answer. Heaven forbid you have an actual opinion about the footy team instead of gatekeeping with some clapper bs

8 Likes

resulting in a collective

X4kv

4 Likes

That’s rich coming from you. Jumps into a conversation that isn’t his just to take a swipe at a poster. Pot Kettle Black and very boring of you.

How about you name them since you seem so well regarded as a poster who comments on footy not just other posters. (this will be fun, because i doubt you even know who plays for essendon other than the big names that you see others post)

So you still don’t have your own opinion.

Have missed the class of Langford since he went up a level

1 Like

None the way they played in the second half today. There is a lot of room for improvement.

I stated my opinion dipstick, you just cannot read.

No you said nothing in regards to the question I asked.

Your question had nothing to do with footy and all to do with trying to be a big hero. You failed miserably.

Kind of ridiculous discussion though

Of the selected team the ones that could be AFL mids are:

Francis, Ridley, Clarke, Houlahan, Mutch

And that is all. (and of those Francis, Ridley and Houlahan haven’t really played much midfield)

However, on our list we have a bunch more. If people can’t see that the side we put out there over the second half of the season was banged up and missing lots of players, then I can’t help them. The issue abut there not being a quality mid left in the VFL is just a reality of our injury situation, the guys that we had running around through the middle were ranked 30+ on our list at this stage)

Suggested young, perhaps quality, mids on our list (<23yo):
Langford, Parish, McGraths, Merrett, McKenna, Redman, Laverde, Begley, all ahead of Mutch and Clarke (and Mynott who people seem to rate).

Keep adding players, via draft and trade sure, but today’s result doesn’t mean we’re screwed for years. FFS…

1 Like