VFL - Prelim Final vs Casey @ Port Melbourne, 2:10pm Saturday 15 September 2018

How the ■■■■ can that happen? Instant disqualification is the only response.

Wow.

That is ridiculous.

1 Like

That’s crap. North cheated. Eagles win.

1 Like

Also someone’s mad Monday is unfairly on hold…

3 Likes

SANFL went out and got a shed load of merch done, advertising etc and don’t want to lose money but make money now type conspiracy.

1 Like

I don’t know about Melbourne’s seconds, but they’ve had plenty of high quality players be impacted by injury - Lever, Viney, Hogan, Tyson, T McDonald and Hibberd are all top 10-15 players for them, and all have missed significant parts of 2018 through injury.

2 Likes

Besides Lever & Hogan who is well out of form, they are all playing now. So I would say they are missing one key player atm. We had heaps more season ending injuries than these blokes every had, every team has blokes out for 3 or 4 weeks

I remember Come Back Dimma always saying that finishing top 4 & having a healthy list to choose from at finals time, helps hugely.

We pretty well had a full list to choose from in both 93 & 2000. We didn’t in 1999.

From the umpiring thread numerous times during the year Essendon’s opposition had 19 men on the field. Even 21 in some cases.

1 Like

Only on Bomberblitz does a guy who averaged 2.4 goals and 18 touches a game through 20 games get labelled “well out of form”. I’d love to have a few guys next year as “well out of form” as Hogan!

We had a butter soft run with injuries and draw last year, finished 7th, and had our pants unceremoniously pulled down in a final. The Demons deserve their spot, and it has little to do with injuries - if anything their 5th ladder position undersold them, as all their 14 wins were convincing while 3 or 4 of their losses (Geelong x 2, St K, Port) could’ve easily been wins.

2 Likes

IN '93, apart from those 5 or 6 players who missed 3 weeks including the first week of the finals.

They had 2 wins from 8 games against finals opponents.
Their draw was as soft as you could hope for.

They were all back for the GF

That’d be 4 wins against top 8 sides now, by my count (2 when it actually mattered).

They’ll probably win the flag this year, and then half of BBlitz will claim them as the worst premier ever (as was the case with Richmond last year). Blitz logic.

1 Like

Only on BB would some numpty argue till the cows come home that Melbourne have not had a good run with injuries this year.

OK they have 2 not one player out of their firsts, so what? They had a FULL list (obviously less 2 in case the pedancy comes through again) to chose from in the ressies on Sat, hence why we are in the VFL forum.

We had 4 out plus Redman & Begley, so 6 out from our normal VFL team (versus their 2) . Had those 6 been available, we might have still lost, who knows? They were stronger in the contest & should have won more easily.

I am not down playing Melbourne at all in fact them & us & them will be at each other’s throats for the next 5 seasons, I believe. But to say they pretty well don’t have as full list to chose from NOW (besides Hogan & Lever) is ludicrous.

Hmm when i watch Lazarro i see more of a caracella type player myself.

4 Likes

No chance if they do get over the Weagles this week, Richond will flog them

Sibbald fully broke the middle knuckle on his left ring (?) finger – his aunt works with me and just showed me the x-ray. The finger got caught in a jumper.

Surgery shortly. At least it’s the best time of the year to do so!

Massive credit for going back out. The (chest mark) speccy in front of me was impressive.

16 Likes

He is a real talent.

Hope we draft/rookie him.

3 Likes

Agree.
Late pick/rookie without hesitation.

2 Likes