VFL - Round 1 vs Bears @ Moreton Bay Sports Complex, 12noon Saturday 17 April 2021

Yep confirmed on the Kayo site
https://help.kayosports.com.au/s/what-freebies-are-available-this-week

Also lists start time as 12pm

1 Like

Told my kid’s (Aspley Hornets) coach today - hawks fan - that I was skipping the Aspley v Pt Melbourne game to watch Lions vs Bombers (at kid’s home ground). “Yeah, be the only chance to see your team get a win this year”. Smartarse fkn meathead he is. Fark Hawthorn.

2 Likes

Fixture I saw 2 days ago said 1.30?

I will be VERY interested to know from our intrepid VFL attendees about how Queensland HOT CHIPS differ from the Victorian variety at VFL games.

4 Likes

Have not seen inside the catering facilities, but will be surprised if there’s ANY HOT CHIPS.

Keep an eye out for #70 Angus Baker; he’s a ripper backman who really marshalls the group and a reasonablish replacement for midfielder Liam McKenna.

2 Likes

Bloody beeewwddyyyy

1 Like

Wade Derksen. My man.

I’m guessing Hambo’s surname is Baker.

3 Likes

Just a heads up for those keen to attend it looks like our game might’ve moved, now being listed as 12pm at the Moreton Bay Sports Complex in Burpengary.

7 Likes

That’s half way to Noosa.

according to google maps that only adds 5 minutes to my drive.

According to the VFL app, that ground is also known as the Williamstown Football Ground and is next to Newport Railway Station :crazy_face:

EDIT: all the games being hosted by a new team are being played there…

1 Like

Even closer for me.

Well that sux. From 2km away to 33 now.
Also, where can I find this update info if I don’t have the app?*

*Don’t want the app

Yep- same here. Better time for me too

Is the VFL app seriously the ONLY place for up do date venue and scheduling info? EFC site still says SSC at 1.30, and I can’t find anything else, anywhere. FFS that’s pathetic.

1 Like

I think this thread is the most reliable place. In @Paul_Cousins we trust!!

6 Likes

Well I hope kayo is still showing the game

They rang me and they asked if they can stream it from my phone. So the coverage mightn’t be good

6 Likes