VFL - Round 1 vs Franga @ Franga, 2pm Saturday 7 April 2018 — NO FRANGA!

B: 12. M. Baguley, 36. M. Hartley, 27. M. Redman
HB: 35. M. Guelfi, 14. J. Ridley, 19. K. Mutch
C: 34. J. Long, 77. H. Hocking, 20. J. Merrett
HF: 4. K. Langford, 38. S. Draper, 33. J. Laverde
F: 16. J. Begley, 22. M. Leuenberger, 13. O. Fantasia

R: 44. S. McKernan, 23. D. Myers, 37. D. Clarke

Int: 61. W. Berry, 51. A. Boyse, 63. M. Darby, 68. N. Dixon, 59. A. Heppell, 57. N. Hind, 24. J. Houlahan, 69. A. Marklew, 39. T. Mynott, 66. K. Strachan, 55. D. Younan, 30. B. Zerk-Thatcher

23P: 70. J. Sheahan

2 Likes

There’s a lot of overlap with the named senior team, who play after this match.

Named on the AFL bench (first four): Fantasia, Myers, Baguley

Named on the AFL bench (last four): Hartley, McKernan, Langford, Begley.

Mutch and Draper return.

2 Likes

Assuming four players are held back for the AFL team (including one as emergency), there are 16 named AFL players in the team.

Likely VFL-listed players to be:

Hocking ©
HepA
Hind
Younan
Dixon
Darby
23rd man: Sheahan

I’ve left out Strachan because we already have three rucks.

Boyse has seniority over Darby but definitely not form, and this squad has lots of tall forward options (including oldLAV and theLang) but not so many tall defenders.

ex-■■■■■■■-cuse me?

5 Likes

Isn’t it 4 maybe 5 come out of that team? I see the whole bench there (7 players)

Even so, if the only blokes on our list not playing this week are frang, gleek and trav then we’re in a pretty good place even if there was interrupted build up

Whynott bold Trent’s name? :wink:

1 Like

Shut up, you last two posters.

[ Fixes all three posts about three times each… ]

3 Likes

Hmm re title: are we safe going in with no Franga?

2 Likes

Sack literally everyone involved in the decision to not select Francis including Francis if he was part of it. I’m done.

1 Like

Fark that’s a good looking vfl side

2 Likes

Ambrose andLavender also not playing. But 5 unavailable from the entire list is pretty good.

And McNeice so 6

Are those numbers accurate?

Edit: read other thread. Thanks for the research. Poor by the club.

Match is being covered by Casey Radio (97.7 and online at http://www.3ser.org.au/) and Radio 3DJR.

12 Likes

We need to follow Hepp’s lead and call Francis “Azza”; otherwise we’ll just be tempted into immature jokes like -this is the first time I haven’t enjoyed the feeling of no franga

St Francis of Azza?

Seriously, what is the stigmata around Franga?

1 Like

Ouch! If you’ve got stigmata under your franga, you haven’t been using your franga often enough.

Or did you mean stigma? Franga is a slang term for a male prophylactic device, as in the ancient classic poem ‘Casabianca’

The boy stood on the burning deck
Wishing he’d never been born
His father said ‘you wouldn’t have been’
If only I’d seen
The end of my franga was torn

3 Likes

Thanks Alan but if you’ll cast your eye to the post above mine you’ll get my crazy drift. I appreciate the dinga refresher though.

Blast! I thought i’d nailed it.

1 Like