VFL - Round 1 vs Franga @ Franga, 2pm Sunday 7 April 2019

That acceleration…wow. Davey pre-knee.

I can’t see why they don’t give Clarke a good run in the ones, a guy who can find the footy at the contest 30 times would be very handy for our fast midfielders. It’s the role we expect Myers to play, but he is not and never has been capable of playing it.

I really like our draft picks this year. Mozzie looks amazing, but I think Gown has something about him, and if his off field is a bit loose, it backs up the kind of player i think he will be. We jsut have to make sure he makes footy no 1!

Gown has something about him - agree.

He moves really well for a big guy and leads up at the ball in a way that Lloyd used too.

A lot to work with.

3 Likes

From memory he tagged Selwood.

1 Like

That’s my memory.
But Worsfold hates the concept of taggers, so much that he runs one as often as not.

Certain people here seemingly expect a newbie pick 60 to be given first dibs on-ball. It’s unrealistic.

2 Likes

VFL leaders after Round 1:

HANDBALLS (21): Dylan Clarke (Essendon)

CLEARANCES (10): Sam Draper (Essendon) and Marcus Lentini (Coburg)

GOALS (5): Mitch Brown (Essendon) and Jackson Ross (Box Hill Hawks)

2 Likes

The Big Bodied Midfielder we need but don’t deserve

3 Likes

10 clearances! Ah. The lost opportunity to debut this kid.
Just wait 2 weeks. Anzac day, watch Grundy running rings around Belly and Zac Clarke, tears us a new one.

1 Like

Lloyd’s first reserves game that day too.

2 Likes

Brave move to call team selection two weeks ahead.
Interested to know just why Sammy won’t be playing Anzac Day. Injuries? Had a beer?

And while we’re at it which kid is playing VFL, having been dropped for Myers/Bags/ Joey?

Ha… I’ve got this one… the answer is none, we have a bye.

Nice try but I was actually after the selection controversy in two weeks time when the Ressies play Collingwood on the Saturday at Windy Hill.