VFL - Round 10 vs Coburg @ Windy Hill, 12pm Sunday 10 June 2018

130-43

Booooooooooooo!!!

2 Likes

8 Franga intercept marks… ha ha ha.

On to Colyer for a point.

3 Likes

Pressure turnover on wing leads to Colyer running to 50 and … missing.

Clarke cramping a little. Has been immense since half time.

4 Likes

Long, you genius. Taps ball between his legs past his trailing opponent, turns around and starts a chain that ends as a Collins goal.

137-43

One more!!!

Damnit, siren.

1 Like

Long beautiful touch to go around opponent on D50. Off to Clarke, to Younan, great pass into 50 where it’s 3:1 and easy goal.

1 Like

Siren.

20.17.137 we defeat 6.7.43

2 Likes

Thanks to DJR and Ants for the coverage, been hanging on all you guys have said.

And Ants, AFL is not playing well but still winning at this point.

14 Likes

Aaaaaand inside in time for the Stringer goal.

Mutch, Clarke, HeppA and Frang among the bests for mine.

Stewart and Long very good in the second half.

10 Likes

Colyer getting closer to a seniors return?

Not on form relative to others. But more fitness and clean by hand (though not always by foot) today.

Nick Hind ?

I’m not going to do Best’s as I missed too much, especially clearances as it is hard to follow and they follow goals when I’m typing. So we dominated the clearances but I don’t really know who drove that.

I would say Coburg were terrible. Part of that was our pressure, both actual and inferred. The ball spent long periods in our forward half. But you do need to take our performance with a little pinch of salt.

I’d also say I thought it was a very team orientated performance.

Our backline of Francis, Hartley, Zerk, McNiece and Hind was dominant all game. Whether in the backline or putting a wall up across the centre Coburg couldn’t handle them. The kicking and running of the ball out was a big driver of the win, with Francis, McNiece, Hind and Long (dropping back) contributing this. Hartley, Zerk and Francis (especially) took heaps of marks as well.

Long out pressure on all day and was an important link from the backline to forward line.

Up forward Colyer broke lines all day, Younan was also good. Hocking had a few goals drifting forward. Stewart was poor early but impacted through the second half. Of course, we were well on top then. Houlihan chipped in for a few.

Probably the only player who was a clear disappointment all game was Jerrett. For a senior player of his age needs a bigger impact.

5 Likes

I’d be happy for Colyer to be promoted, but in a perfect world he’d have a few more weeks. But did a lot of very good things. His pace is such a weapon.

If he can handle the ball cleanly we need him. But Frncis and Clarke first.

Top bar now full of players and coaches from both teams watching the AFL game.

Geez, the AFL umps have come out hard in this last quarter.

3 Likes

His kicking was off though, which was a shame.

Long tries to convince Mutch to have a beer, but nope.

3 Likes