VFL - Round 10 vs Coburg @ Windy Hill, 12pm Sunday 10 June 2018

Is this the " the3DJR Post-game Show"?

6 Likes

AFL game finishes, so they can get to the important bit of giving the Northwest Community Cup to Heath.

1 Like

Francis absolutely must come in after the bye.

23 Likes

I think what impresses me about Frang is his ability to read the play, play the ‘general’ of the backline, move to the right spot and kick to the right spot. He is also very encouraging and inclusive of all our players.

4 Likes

Did not play: Laverde (AFL emergency), Sibbald, Redman (AFL), Guelfi (AFL), Myers (AFL), Green (AFL), Darby, Strachan

1 Like

Was saying while watching, that I’ve honestly never seen Franga in the sort of form that he is in at the moment.

Thinking about it, I’ve never seen anyone read the play as good at half back for the red and black as Franga did today. Carlisle/ Hooker at their peak would be the best comparison.

Was never really sold on Franga, but I’m more than convinced now. Dominant as fk.

14 Likes

Can mark.
Can kick. Can kick and hits a target. Can kick long and hit a target.
Can hit pack, get ball and gets off quickly a good handball.

Looked very composed. VFL is way too easy for him.

2 Likes

Dea out Franga in

5 Likes

Francis clearly the best tall defender. When I mention his intercept marks (ha ha ha), you can pretty much assume that in each case he rebounds HARD, commonly a little sprint then a long kick to our benefit.

McNiece did some nice damage off the backline too.

Mutch got leather poisoning in the first half, and Clarke in the second half.

Yes, @benfti, Long was very decent in the second half.

Stewart was pretty awful in the first half but slowly came back to some form. His early rubbish was part of the reason that, in the absence of Boyse and Brown, Hartley was shifted forward in the last quarter.

NewLAV should get a bit more time down back, to 1) get him to the ball and 2) take advantage of his interest in one-percenters. Very team oriented with the shepherds etc.

Loved McQueen’s game. Fend-offs galore, in hard and one of the best right-on-the-boundary goals (under extreme pressure) you’ll see.

8 Likes

Goal Kickers: H. Hocking 3, J. Merrett 3, J. McQueen 2, A. Heppell 2, D. Younan 2, L. Collins, T. Colyer, J. Long, N. Lazzaro, J. Houlahan, K. Mutch, J. Stewart, M. Hartley

Best Players: T. Colyer, A. Heppell, A. Francis, H. Hocking, K. Mutch, J. Stewart

(Colyer best on ground? Yeah nah.)

Third place on the ladder. We needed to add 6% to match Geelong… put on 13% instead.

14 Likes

Who was

Goddard out, Francis in

6 Likes

85-16 in the second half… Stewart and Hartley chipped in late with a goal each, but the other eighteen goals were kicked by smalls.

Francis.

2 Likes

how good was his 2 on 1 win that he had absolutely no right to take that mark.

3 Likes

or a vfl listed player. quite a few of them drove the side.

Francis was the clear standout for his portion of the ground.

No one stood out forward.

Mids: there were a stack of contributors, AFL and VFL-listed, want to see the stats. As @Ants said, it’s hard not to miss a lot of stoppages.

Good to see Draper play 100% ruck, apart from a brief break in the last when Hartley stunk it up instead.

5 Likes

Francis. Clearly.

1 Like

One thing I’m noticing this year is that against the poor teams, we are actually hammering them whereas it felt like last year we would struggle to get it out to an 8 goal win when others teams have beaten the same opponents by close to 100 points.

Haven’t checked the stats as yet, but does it feel that way?