VFL - Round 10 vs Coburg @ Windy Hill, 12pm Sunday 10 June 2018

(Why nott Mynott…)

LAST ENCOUNTER

2017 Rd 6 @ Piranha Park: Essendon 22.18 (150) d Coburg 9.7 (61)

FORM COMING IN

Essendon (4th, 5-3) narrowly lost to Footscray last week to end a run of four straight wins. Coburg (15th, 0-8) will continue searching for the four-quarter performance that will deliver its first victory after pushing ladder-leader Richmond for long periods in Round 8 two weeks ago.

KEY QUESTION

Can Coburg produce four good quarters of football this time? The Lions may be winless but they’ve proven capable against top-eight opposition in stretches this season, only falling away in the last quarter against Richmond and the Box Hill Hawks while matching Collingwood and Williamstown after slow starts in recent games.

KEY STAT

Essendon will look to establish dominance at stoppages in this game, with the Bombers ranking third in the VFL for contested possessions and clearances per game and Coburg ranking in the bottom two in both categories. Essendon averages a significant 18 more contested possessions and five more clearances than the Lions.

1 Like

When will final team be announced?

Was going to ask for a player watch for Liam Hunt for Coburg. Then I found out he’s walked out on them mid season.

They probably called him by his surname, he misheard, cracked it and left.

about half an hour before the game

1 Like

Hopefully it stays dry otherwise a few of our mids might be in for long days.
Heard on pretty good authority that big Tommy Goodwin is still filthy that we told him we’d draft him and didn’t follow through. Given some of the things I’ve seen his old man do it could get . . . Interesting

Hoping for a truckload of goals as we repeatedly drive the ball into the front 50. We should win this one easily and still have some petrol left over in the tank.

2 Likes

Do the VFLW play this week?

Scores that get us to third place:

99-45
120-60
141-75

Last year we won 150-61 with a withering last quarter (some wind assistance).

If I don’t get to see the “Stop. Stop. He’s already dead” image I will be deeply disappointed.

League-wide bye.

OK thank’s @DJR

A league with intelligence

Vfl update. Colyer channeling the last samurai again.

1 Like

Beautiful day for footy at Windy Hill, come on down.

1 Like

Laverde is the missing emergency.

Probably a bit of dew left on the grass but glorious sun (for those not in the stands…) and no wind.

Surprisingly modest crowd, given Windy Hill is an obvious place to watch the AFL game if you don’t have Foxtel.

(Radio 3DJR will be calling the second half of this game before heading inside for that.)

1 Like

I’m here! Hot chip report pending…

Beautiful day