VFL - Round 10 vs Coburg @ Windy Hill, 12pm Sunday 10 June 2018

So with this idea, say Essendon win the premiership with Cripps and he wins the norm smith, he just goes back to Carlton after that?

W
T
F

4 Likes

Just cut two teams and give five extra players to each team. Same number of players, more flexibility to carry an extra ruck or the like, better teams, less haemorrhaging of money.

1 Like

Yep…

But Loans would probably be used more for players that are young / fringe depth, who might be a best 22 player in another team. As I couldnt imagine clubs giving up marquee players just yet.

The One club player is almost over IMO.

If you were Cripps, you get the premiership. IP, and can just cash in at the Blues.

It probably suits a older closer to retirement great…I guess maybe like Beams going to a top 4 team, back in Melbourne - Lions will get better draft picks, blood youth.

Or Carlisle Heading to the Dees, to replace Lever. Win a Flag with Dees then back to Moorabin. Saints get No1 pick.

Two teams should be cut, I agree with this, but which ones? - Dogs, North, Saints, GWS, Gold Coast
But how do you split up players, add them to the draft?
and increase list sizes?

1. Gold Coast and
  2. FC or Norf

I think you’ve missed the biggest hole in the argument here, which is the part where Carlton trade Cripps for Myers, because… reasons?

Honestly, and I don’t want this to sound harsh but it will, this is about the dumbest idea I have read on here

3 Likes

By that I assume it’s the AFL’s preferred option?

2 Likes

Yep! Will allow Hawthorn et al to put even more work into contracted players. What a great idea.