VFL - Round 12 vs Box Hill Dorks @ Box Hill, 2.10pm Sunday 24th June 2018

Was Leuenberger reported?

Yep, for front on contact. Not too sure he could have avoided the situation.

1 Like

Yes, at 17 minutes into the second quarter. Nothing in it. An opponent ducked their head into his gut in a contest and squealed like a pig to get the free. There’s good footage of it from a good angle.

In the live feed you also see me abusing the drama queen after it happened.

Drama queen proceed to kick it out on the full, which was funny.

3 Likes

Your description of him fits now

Polar opposite of his draft write up by Cal back then. Wish he still had the agility and lateral movement.

Myers had it aswell, injuries do play a big part

3 Likes

I said earlier that I think Hocking is the difference between this VFL side and ones of the past.

I said his leadership is vital. I meant to say his leadership off the ground is the difference.

Over the last 15 years, I’ve rocked up to watch our VFL affiliate side in round 1. I’ve seen players introducing themselves to one another. I’ve seen players not know their team mates name.
Since Hocking is a VFL listed player. He has the respect of the club. He has the respect of senior listed players. He has the respect of the VFL listed players because he’s one of them. He has AFL leadership qualities. He has captained our team, when Jobe has been injured. He deeply cares about the club.

I think he has unified the reserves team in a way we have never seen. IMO the form of the young players, and confidence they have when going up to the seniors can be put down to Heath and Dan Jordan’s leadership. I hope they win the VFL premiership because Budda deserves it more than anyone.

34 Likes

Was the first of the banned players to recommit to the club, that’s speaks volumes about the bloke.

7 Likes

Agree with the sentiments here, no disrespect to colyer, but i think hind would be an upgrade on him and suprised he isn’t on a senior list. Even dominated in the intra club game in the pre season, maybe recruiters think he is too small. Great hands, good off both feet and quick.

3 Likes

Hind displayed so many moments today where he dodged, stopped, dodged again and invited the opposition to come at him then he took off again. He is so confident in his ability to burn off bigger slower players. So entertaining to watch up close.

5 Likes

It was our first win at Box Hill since 2002…

18 Likes

My favourite bit was when Hind kicked the match-winning goal, and then the camera cut to a Hawks player lying prostrate on the ground.

2 Likes

It was the first time I have been to Box Hill since 1978 :smile:

1 Like

How many of the our firsts players could play finals in the two’s?

Look at the bottom of:

How far off a rookie listing is Hind? Is it just consistency or is there some element of his game that needs work?

About 5 or 6 months I’d say.

1 Like

Terrific win against a good side on their home deck, glad so many got to watch it on TV. Start of a huge 4-5 weeks for us, another big test next week.

9 Likes

Good to see Alex Morgan and Brent Stanton available

1 Like

Hence why I said look at the bottom of that page. The scary thing is they didn’t update that page after round 1 of the finals last year!

The VFL team is a credit to all the players, staff & yourself Paul.

Very hopeful they can go a long way this year.

I might even make the haul to Crazyburn on Saturday

3 Likes