VFL - Round 13 vs Casey @ Craigieburn, 2.10pm Saturday 30th June 2018

B: 29. P. Ambrose, 36. M. Hartley, 30. B. Zerk-Thatcher
HB: 41. B. McNiece, 10. A. Francis, 14. J. Ridley
C: 32. T. Colyer, 57. N. Hind, 39. T. Mynott
HF: 34. J. Long, 38. S. Draper, 20. J. Merrett
F: 15. J. Green, 17. J. Stewart, 40. L. Lavender

R: 22. M. Leuenberger, 37. D. Clarke, 19. K. Mutch

Int: 61. W. Berry, 51. A. Boyse, 76. L. Collins, 75. T. Crosbie, 63. M. Darby, 59. A. Heppell, 77. H. Hocking, 24. J. Houlahan, 79. J. McQueen, 72. J. Ottavi, 70. J. Sheahan, 55. D. Younan

23P: 62. N. Lazzaro

In: L. Collins, J. Ottavi, M. Darby, J. McQueen, W. Berry, J. Green, T. Crosbie, J. Sheahan, A. Boyse

Out: J. Laverde

3 Likes

Casey Demons

B: 37. D. Johnstone, 17. S. Frost, 42. J. Wagner
HB: 33. J. Kennedy-Harris, 21. C. Pedersen, 63. B. Vince
C: 56. O. Baker, 71. D. Tyson, 11. C. Spargo
HF: 31. B. Fritsch, 26. S. Weideman, 16. D. Kent
F: 36. J. Garlett, 38. T. Smith, 43. J. Harmes

R: 34. M. King, 12. T. Bugg, 15. B. Stretch

Int: 54. H. Balic, 47. L. Filipovic, 9. M. Gent, 1. J. Hutchins, 45. D. Keilty, 41. M. Lefau, 18. J. Lockhart, 22. G. Lok, 24. C. MacHaya, 6. J. Munro, 27. A. Scott, 13. C. Wagner

23P: 49. C. Stockdale

In: J. Harmes, D. Tyson, B. Vince, D. Kent, A. Scott, B. Fritsch, L. Filipovic, T. Smith, D. Keilty

Out: H. Petty

RAMS Arena = Highgate Recreation Reserve

Televised live on Seven, including online.

In: Green eh?

Can’t really read much into that.
When the AFL is sunday they normally name a lot of the extended bench in the VFL squad.

It’s an interesting situation though, because of who will be the heldover emergency and miss out on a VFL game.

Colyer
Mutch
Green
Stewart
Ambrose
Francis

So 2 of those guys are going to play AFL, 3 will play VFL and 1 will be the heldover emergency.

If anyone has to miss a game completely this week, Green is the most logical. I wouldn’t want to see Colyer or Mutch getting no football this week and it’s rare for a tall to be the heldover emergency.

3 Likes

Will be a great game weather permitting as both sides have many senior AFL players going around.

Yeah, I’m going to hike out there to have a look.

LAST ENCOUNTER

2017 Rd 14 @ Casey Fields: Casey Demons 10.11 (71) d Essendon 7.14 (56)

FORM COMING IN

Essendon (3rd, 7-3) defeated the Box Hill Hawks by 14 points last week to post back-to-back wins. The Casey Demons (2nd, 8-2) are the VFL’s form team, with a 77-point win against Coburg in Round 12 their sixth in a row.

KEY QUESTION

Is this a genuine qualifying final preview? It’s third against second here, but only two games separate first from ninth on the ladder and so much can change on the result of these matches. The Bombers beat Geelong in their only clash with a current top-four team, while the Demons have lost to Richmond and the Cats and would be keen for a big scalp.

KEY STAT

Not surprisingly these teams generate a heap of scoring opportunities, with Essendon averaging 58 inside-50s per game (second in the VFL) and Casey 57 (third). When it comes to converting those opportunities though, the Demons are ranked third for goals per inside-50 (26 per cent efficiency) while the Bombers are eighth (23 per cent).

2 Likes

On TV yeah?

1 Like

yeah

I was gonna take the young fella down to the game for a run-around. We might stay at home with the weather.

The last time I went out to Craigieburn, I watched the the Bendigo Bombers. The weather was similar as today, and there was literally no rain cover at the ground. From memory Jake Carlisle was BOG. He was clunking everything in the backline, even a slippery water logged ball.

When you think about it, the ball is really one of the top few things a footballer should be aiming to clunk

3 Likes

Ron Andrews saw things differently.

2 Likes

I don’t suppose this is on 7?

Yes I believe it’s the televised game (they normally go on youtube later too)

Awesome. Il watch. Thanks mate

I kid you not. The spine of this ground has a liberal sprinkling of Hangar Sponge™.

Televised game = Francis freakshow

2 Likes

Really good test of how good a side we truly are today.

This will consolidate our spot in the top four and give the boys a lot of confidence.

Would love to put enough percentage on to take second spot.

1 Like

Very pleasant sun now.

Chicken burger is good: the batter on the chicken is sensational.

1 Like

VFL teams are allowed to do warm-ups. No AFL rubbish here.