VFL - Round 15 vs Werribee @ Werribee, 2:10pm Saturday 14 July 2018

Now you’re being silly HAP.

Surely Video Shops do not exist anymore ?

2 Likes

Thanks for the updates, disappointing to not get the job done. Is Clarke playing a different role or he just struggling. Seemed to be a ball magnet before making his league debut and has been quiet since it seems

My understanding is he is playing a more outside type game to learn some extra skills and help his development. He is struggling with it though.

2 Likes

Didn’t realise this was on, wrap up would be good

How was Laverde?

very good imo

1 Like

hmmmmmmm

3 Likes

From the bits I saw (had it on whilst I was doing stuff around the house/looking after Master Pills), he was his usual mix of super awesome and a bit untidy.

Without looking at the teamsheet it seemed we had less AFL guys than we’ve had all year. And almost no AFL smalls/mids.

We were agonisingly slow to move the ball on at times, and Clarke taking marks on the wing doesn’t help. He’s not afraid of kicking, but he likes to get it right and that takes time.

It’s fixable, it’s in his head not in his skills, but geez we had a lot of missed opportunities due to players stalling. Werribee didn’t stall and it paid off with our lax defence.

3 Likes

Mostly mediocre with some great plays mixed with some shocking plays from the same players. Wouldn’t say anyone other than Stewart/Luey pushed their cases for a recall.

For example LAV might make a great fendoff, then he’s down back missing a 20m kick straight to the opposition where they should have kicked an easy goal.

Stewart has a good game, but misses gettable shots and ■■■■■ it up late killing a chance we have to win the game.

The rest were mostly average, with Jerrett hopping into the Cannon as we speak. He’s well and truly booked out.

Once they switched to picking Long ahead of him, he would have known his time is finally up.

1 Like

He’d still be better than a lot of the Blues pelicans so might get another gig but time def up with us.

I’ll be shocked if he gets another gig.

2 Likes

On a positive note, Werrribee has a Tiger mascot.

Terrible result. How can a standalone team keep killing us on the counter? Most times we couldn’t get the ball off them once they gained possession.

Surely with Richmond in the VFL, they should become the WerriBEES.

1 Like

I quite like Werribee’s jumper

This depends on the mids around him - he’s putting it to good spots often, but with Clarke playing more outside, Hocking not really used on ball, injuries and call ups our clearances weren’t great - when Hep A and Laverde were at his feet we were more effective.

Give him HeppD, Merret, Parish, Smith to work with and I’m confident we’ll have a ■■■■■■ good tap ruckman.

That’s impressive

2 Likes

I can’t get over the fact that we have two teams nicknamed the Tigers, and NEITHER of their guernseys have stripes. I mean wtf.

Also Sandringham Zebras? They have stripes, but they’re yellow and black, I mean come on people, it’s like I’m taking crazy pills

5 Likes

If there is a lot of congestion and ball ups, as there often is in the VFL, then I don’t think it is that impressive to have a lot of tackles that might me within the scrimmage that occurs following a ball up.
I have no idea how many of Clark’s tackles were of this nature, but I think there are tackles and tackling pressure that really count (eg Tipps’s run downs, Smith’s open field chases and pressure tackles) and there are tackles where 2 players just hold up an opponent in congestion.
I’m not sure the stat is that meaningful on its own. You need to trust what you see, rather than the recorded stat.