VFL - Round 17 vs Willy @ Willy, 2pm Saturday 27 July 2019

Williamstown
B: 10. L. Masters, 21. J. Tippett, 4. B. Myers
HB: 17. J. Charleston, 11. J. Dorgan, 18. J. Greiser
C: 25. L. Hunt, 9. A. Marcon, 8. N. Mellington
HF: 20. M. Norton, 34. J. Ottavi, 22. J. Pickess
F: 3. S. Dunell, 16. N. Rodda, 24. W. Wheeler
R: 49. N. Meese, 7. M. Hibberd, 1. J. Pongracic
Int: 37. N. Ebinger, 23. S. McLarty, 5. B. Monk, 48. T. Mundy, 32. N. Sing, 30. J. Tardio, 15. O. Tate, 26. J. Thorpe
23P: 51. M. Philpot

Essendon
B: 12. M. Baguley, 30. B. Zerk-Thatcher, 76. B. Laguda
HB: 49. M. Dea, 14. J. Ridley, 46. T. Jok
C: 33. B. Ham, 59. A. Heppell, 34. J. Long
HF: 16. J. Begley, 32. N. Gown, 77. H. Hocking
F: 24. J. Houlahan, 62. N. Lazzaro, 50. J. Tynan
R: 36. M. Hartley, 39. T. Mynott, 55. D. Younan
Int: 61. W. Berry, 51. J. Brown, 68. N. Dixon, 60. B. Fennell, 66. L. Goetz, 73. D. Guccione, 56. D. Landt, 15. J. Laverde, 41. B. McNiece, 79. J. McQueen, 23. D. Myers, 72. T. Smith
23P: 53. D. Hanna

3 Likes

Who’s filling in for @theDJR ?

Is he out on a date or something? I felt a little dirty posting that tbh

3 Likes

that’s a rough time slot for a game of footy.

9 Likes

I can recommend the calamari and hot chips pack from Williamstown Mussels just down the road. Enough chips for 2 and very tender calamari. Did I mention the chips are hot?

2 Likes

Is it really on at 2am?

1 Like

Must be fluent in klingon and have a healthy appetite for carbohydrates.

7 Likes

You just can’t replace a legend with any old burbler.

Thanks for the post, even if I disagree with so much of the formatting :confounded:

Mobile data was essentially useless last night here in Yulara. Up in two hours for a last sunrise…

(For some reason, when I got lucky and managed to load the VFL website, it said they couldn’t be stuffed providing the women’s teams and maybe they’d do so on Friday.)

1 Like

I tried but you just can’t replace The one and only DJR when it comes to the VFL

Much of the formatting fixed :wink:

1 Like

The formatting brilliance of @theDJR. Look and learn posters.

4 Likes

Where is the big VFL ruck? Is Hartley really going to play ruck in case we need him for AFL in later rounds if ZakClak is injured?

The Viking Goetz is named on the bench.

1 Like

I thought Bowman was elevated to the VFL team?

He has been. I haven’t checked the forecast for Willy; are conditions not suited to talls expected?

Regardless, you’d think you’d want to at least try to attempt to wear Meese down.

Bowman has been playing as 23rd man right? Is there any limit on how many times you can be 23rd man? If not, then maybe Bowman is injured, or they want to use the 23rd man spot to look at some other kids eg Hanna this week and last game.

Bowman had used up all of his 23rd man slots, and was signed directly to our list. I’m assuming injured; especially if Hartley is held back that’s a pretty short side.

1 Like

Weather expected to be some showers from morning till early arvo. Top 14 degrees. Light winds becoming westerly 15 to 20 km/h in early arvo, then light by late arvo.

1 Like

Yes it’s a small side, especially if Hartley is in the AFL team or held over as a backup. It is a reflection of where we are at with injuries to KP players. TBC, Draper, Joe, Hurley, Stewart.
Also maybe shows up a need on the list for more than just Gown and BZT as young KP developing.