VFL - Round 18 vs Port @ Port, 2pm Saturday 4 August 2018

That was one of the few stats they won (23-11).

Comment from anyone who was there?

(Did they even play a ruckman? The guy they named as #1 ruck got a reasonable number of stats but only one of them was a hitout! Was 72-21 our way.)

I don’t think they had a #1 ruck. Leuy and Drapes got the taps but they actively sharked them. Perhaps that was their plan.

Free kicks, we rarely got them and never in favourable spots. The umps were also very tough on paying marks to us, but soft to them.

1 Like

GEMBA

2 Likes

GBH Stadium

Did Houlahan play the whole game? His stats for the game and the year overall are terrible. Very similar to Yestin Eades actually.

I think he’s a perfect candidate to be delisted and re-rookied (or just delisted and paid out)

Watch and work out which goal/moment cost us the game… there are a lot of excellent candidates! Mind you, we kicked some arsey stuff too.

Does anyone have any idea why Stewart didn’t play?

Has been carrying an injury since the last game before the VFL bye.

Source: @Paul_Cousins on Sash podcast.

4 Likes

efa

Is it just me or does Z-Thatcher look bigger? How did he play on the weekend?

Didn’t do a lot, but was quite good if that makes sense.

1 Like

He’s got some other things that are diverting his focus I believe. The club has been managing him.

He’s a good kid.

3 Likes

Based on his stats and the list squeeze you may be right. I think the club knew he would be a longer term project though, so as long as he is doing what is required off-field I reckon they’ll honour his contract. Re-rookie may be an option too, although this year is the draft you’d want to load up your rookie list.

How did Jake Long go?

FWIW, I spotted Stewart in apparent full training in the Ten News puff piece about us being out to win back-to-back Trader Periods.

Ho hum.
Didn’t do much of note.

Damn, I am hoping he gets a few more games of senior footy under his belt before the season is over. From what I’ve seen at VFL and AFL level this year he’s worth another year contract.

Got a pretty bad corkie early in the game and had limited movement thereafter, battled on though.

2 Likes

Based on some Instagram stories from the boys, Stewart looks to have blister issues

See the things you miss out on learning when you are stuck doing some deserter’s glad handing for them.

1 Like