VFL - Round 18 vs Sandy @ Windy Hill, 2pm Saturday 3 August 2019 - streamed

Seem to be there for a lot of the 3rd when I was watching and his second efforts were outstanding, that and his line busting.

Surprised that Tynan Smith is only 20yo. Kid is 187cm and 94kg built like an absolute tank and has a ripper set of hands.

Aaron Heppell needs more kudos around these parts, heā€™s turned himself from a nuggety small defender with poor disposal and questionable athleticism to a nimble midfielder with good disposal and great captain.

9 Likes

He was very good watch, his work rate, second efforts, strong marking, and direct kicking were pretty spot on.

Plays like a champion country full forward. Iā€™ll certainly be watching him closely in the final few rounds.

He better listen to Dan Jordan then.

3 Likes

Probably shouldā€™ve ended up with 6 or 7, in from memory his second game at VFL level as the 23rd man. Had a day out.

Would A.Heppell be playing seniors right now if he was on the list?

I assume thatā€™s just the entire third quarter.

I think heā€™d be a similar type to Guelfi.

Essendon VFL senior coach Dan Jordan sent his players out from the half-time break on Saturday as a team possessed, the Bombers kicking 15 goals to one to turn a tied match into an 85-point victory over Sandringham. After winning the disposal count by just five prior to the main change, Essendon recorded 94 more touches than the Zebras in the second half alone

ROUND 18 STATS LEADERS

DISPOSALS (39): David Myers (Essendon)

HITOUTS (38): Riley Bowman (Essendon) <-- thatā€™s quite low

1 Like