VFL - Round 21 vs Fark Northern @ Windy Hill, 12noon Saturday 25 August 2018

I rate his talent, he has the tools to be a very good player but he also has his drawbacks which where apparent in his draft year such as work ethic and ability to cover the ground.

Projects as a Jeremy Howe type if he can put it all together

2 Likes

At his height he is gonna need to up the work rate. 2nd efforts and pressure is mandatory.

I only saw the first half be he was hard at it. Has a great leap and is a good kick. Reads the play well but what stuck out for me was his cleaness with his hands.

He has talent without question

Stats in footy live app:

Draper 60 hitouts, 13 disposals, 1 goal 1 and 2 tackles. His opponent had 44 hitouts and 9 disposals

Clarke 34 (9 kicks) disposals and 7 tackles
Hind 29 & 1
Ridley 27 & 4 (5 marks)
Mutch 25 & 7
Green 18 & 2
Hartley 18 & 3 (6 Marks)
Stewart 17 & 7 (plus 2.3)
Long 16 & 4
Houlahan 13 & 1 (plus 3.0)
Mynott 11 & 2 (has he run out of steam for the season)?
Zerk 10 & 0
Jerrett 9 & 3

5 Likes

Draper 60 hitouts is impressive.

3 Likes

Elimination Final will be on Sunday at 2:10

1 Like

And televised. Easy decision to cover the game considering its Ess v Coll.

It didn’t feel like there were 117+ stoppages!

1 Like

Highlights (well, some of the goals, three of which are boring ones for Fark Carlton from frees or a fifty, plus a BIG SAMMY DRAPER mark):

And the full game from the club:

3 Likes

That really was a super mark by Stewart at the end there and finishing from Houlihan was poetry.

There really is a lot to like about hind. his development from last year has been impressive. You’d think some clubs would look at him. He’d be handy back up for Conor and Saad that’s for sure. How old is he? Has he missed his window? Could he play a role a small pressure forward? His pace is legit and he’s a better ball handler than Colyer.

5 Likes