VFL - Round 3 vs Pies @ Victoria Park, 2:10pm Saturday 21 April 2018 -- WITH FRANGA!

Well Mike, you started the biased jibe.

Langford played a good game, got plenty of the ball, but was average in his disposal. In my view if he played like vs Adelaide and improved his effort over the year then he could be an asset.

But do you really think yesterday’s game is worthy of promotion.

If Guelfi can keep last weeks standard then he will pass Langford like Begley has, and Clarke and Laverde will push ahead as well.

Maybe he should be tried as a backman.

1 Like

I personally don’t see Laverde making it. What position will he play? He’s not an inside mid either. I’m not convinced he’s got the endurance to ever be more than a part time mid of any sort. Has he ever finished top 10 in a time trial?
As a forward, who does he push out? He’s not a tall and i don’t think he uses his pace well enough with applying defensive pressure.

3 Likes

Langers is a natural footballer whose body has changed a lot in 3 years and has only just turned 21. He can certainly become an AFL player.

1 Like

If flicked on the TV in the 3rd quarter and heard the commentators say that Langford had had 22 disposals at 52% efficiency.

Hmmm.

Surely his career is over then!

About the same as Hepp’s been the past 3 games or so then, … ??

1 Like

Killer

Those who challenge you love mediocrity sameness and right now, no vision no investment and no memory of watson, stants , marty, connor cale where do you stop. Every essendon player has to be brutal and mean and angry and stick every tackle and hit every target. I rate Mason hugely, but blitz will want him delisted after a few games in 3 years. Hawthorn would be rapt with the investment. The list is very good the vision of coaches is backed by the admin who want it now ’ not gunna happen as its a side consisting of a large majority who are playing because it’s about them. Jack Reiwolt is the template of “team”

1 Like

Hmmm indeed.

How do you have 0.44 of an efficient disposal?

Most people on here agree that our midfield is average and in all likely hood based on current personal not going to be great but also don’t want change.

We have very bland midfields for a long time and I look at our current lineup and all I’m seeing is a very same-same dynamic.

I have been a big supporter of Woosha and I feel like I have been patient but I’m seeing a similar thing going on that previous coaches have done and that’s a lack of risk taking with who we select each week.

The vibe I get from blitz is that our midfield is crap but I don’t think it needs changing. Go figure.

Lol. You haven’t been here long have you?

1 Like

I do agree, but surely he needs to show more desperation to make it as an inside mid.

Some of us are just not sure this is his position.

1 Like

Langford ain’t making it as a mid.
He ain’t getting into our forward line. He may play well as a forward for another bottom 8 team, but he isn’t ahead of Joe, String, Stewart, Tippa, Fantasia, Begley or Green / rotating mid (Zak, Smith, Colyer, Parish, . Or Hooker if he’s there.
Unless there’s a drastic change in his form that’s the reality.
I hope he makes it but odds are he won’t

1 Like

He got dropped after a good game against Adelaide last year. That game was better than any game Begley as played in his career.

Maybe it is Begley who should be trying for inside mid and Langford as a forward. Rarely do you see 6 forwards play the whole game as forwards. So there is room for Langford.

If we’re winning games of football in the seniors, there is no detriment to Laverde, Langford (and Francis) playing VFL football.

Many people will disagree with that, because of the standard of VFL football. If they can find some rhythm & consistency in playing regular football without injury, that is the best thing for their development right now.

Bringing them in & out of the senior side for years, does nothing.

Laverde desperately needs to get his hands on the football 25+ a game. His development is shot, because of injury. He needs to learn how to play again.

Langford has to take his midfield ability to the next level. He should be a premier midfielder in the VFL, while he is there. Then bring him in when his confidence is sky high.

1 Like

Is there a replay up anywhere?

Wanna see some live action FRANG

We must have ■■■■■ development coaches in the business.

Langford, Laverde, Francis, Morgan, Redman, Ridley etc are not being taught well. Their careers are going to be gone before they blink. We have been stuck between 8 and 18th position for 10 years plus.

With the talented youngsters we have brought in, they should be breaking down the door.

It is also between the ears. We need the best sports psychologist in the world. If we play Brisbane next week I can guarantee we will lose. Really hate watching us bottle it every year.

Clarke, Laverde shouldn’t come anywhere near seniors if they can’t kick. AFLgame is not the place you learn kicking in.

Isn’t about what the club needs? The recruitment of Stringer and the way the club justified it backs the idea that the club is looking for a ball winning extractor who has the tank and foot speed to work defensively. If that is what the club is looking for it would appear to me that Langford is not in that mould. Which would explain why he is finding it hard to maintain his place.
The extractor type isn’t the only midfield role and you can have your outside speedster or even a more “play maker” sort if J Hird type? Who is he going to push out? Funnily enough I think he is closer to HeppD but I can’t see Langford pushing out the Captain.
As I said before, I really would like him to find his niche. Just going to have to show patience.

1 Like

Complaints about being played out of position are overrated. How about planing with urgency and intent. Langford’s gonna give you the same attitude in the forward line as he does in the midfield.

I think he’d be a better forward, but I don’t think he’d try harder there. So the point is moot. He appears to have above reasonable skills and a below reasonable amount of mongrel.

By contrast I reckon Guelfi would play like a mad man in any position.

5 Likes

Honestly this “intent” thing is getting so ■■■■■■■ ridiculous. Could the coaches not have just delisted Langford if they didn’t like his “intensity”? He’s been the same since game 1. Mitch Brown is the same. Ryder was the same. There’s a million players like that. It’s just their nature and its typical of internet idiots (I include myself in that) who analyse the game from a million miles away to pick on the most retarded thing to focus on (“he doesn’t get angry ergo he doesn’t care”). Joe’s smiling is another example.

Or y’know we could just draft Kommer, Peverill, Guelfi’s brother and play 22 of them in the side and see how we go. We’d get annihilated every week but the internet guys would be happy!

14 Likes

Collects 33 possessions 6 tackles close to 10 clearances and a goal.

Has no intentsity.

6 Likes