VFL - Round 5 vs North @ Windy Hill, 12noon Saturday 5 May 2018

I wouldn’t call them junk time, but as a forward he was pretty much invisible in the first three quarters of a game where we had 73 Inside 50s.

1 Like

There is a difference between “hurt factor” and turrning it over.
In 2016, Zac Merret rarely turned it over, but he rarely kicked goals and hurt other sides.

We really dont know yet if Clarke is another Sam Mitchell, who was an extractor who was not even good enough to be drafted, or a NOB

1 Like

Who and where we play next week?

Should get a boost with Luey/Myers back in.

I don’t disagree although you could argue the same about Tom Mitchell. Gets a lot of the ball but is more of a weight of numbers player, allows those with better skills to do the damage. I think if Clarke comes in, tackles hard and scraps, kick the ball to advantage and only handball if that player is in space he’ll be good. Football isn’t a hard game, we just make it look hard. I think basically you are weighing up the chances of Clarke coming in and whilst he might not make it, he also might make it. You’re weighing up that potential with Myers, a known quantity who whilst might give you 10% more on field that’s his peak. Clarke could be something that we need and we have to pump games into them and try.

6 Likes

Sandy at Sandy on Sundy.

So no one misses out on a game, for the first time this year.

2 Likes

Disagree strongly.

NOB was an accumulator
Clarke is an extractor.

It’s how you get the numbers.

7 Likes

Nice pic from the ess vfl Twitter acct:

13 Likes

the future looks pretty bright for our vfl team.

elite midfielder langford.

elite hbf redman who can run all day, loves a stiff arm.

elite interceptor and setter upper of play frang.

wish our afl side as much promise to look forward to.

5 Likes

He’s almost smiling there…

2 Likes

Woohoo! A Sunday game! I may finally be able to get to a game.

Mind you, it’s Sandy. So most likely cyclonic winds and ice-age temperature plunges.

1 Like

What is this sorcery of players moving ball on quickly with neat kicks to players leading at ball carrier and clever handballs that hit targets and waves of runners in support?

4 Likes

LOL at all you idiots who chose to go to the AFL game instead.

I know it’s highlights and North aren’t very good, but dammmmmmmn. So different.

11 Likes

Those highlights must have been put together over the last 3 or 4 VFL games against North. There’s a lot of goals. That’s not part of our game plan this year.

The VFL boys have something to play for. They all want to try and make the senior team.

As it stands, the AFL boys play like they are entitled to be there.

That’s why the game plan works in the VFL, they all buy into it.

2 Likes

Bring in DANJORDAN.

Is the the whole game available?

Come on BTV put up the whole game we need something that can give us hope.

10 Likes

Stupid EFC, making it easier to watch the VFL than the AFL. It’s like they want me to go to the AFL game when there’s a clash.

2 Likes

The video doesn’t have your world class commentary mate.

1 Like

Goddard would ideally be making way for Redman sooner rather than later.

1 Like