VFL - Round 5 vs Pies @ Victoria Park - 2:05pm Sat 27 April 2024 - A WIN!

Wowee! Brad Scott makes his onfield return!

4 Likes

The meltdown will be crazy when we pick Weid in the 1’s as a defender ahead of Hayes

Is this game being televised anyway

Correct.

Ryan Eyre also in the Young Guns team. A bunch of Pioneers are in the U18 team.

1 Like

Truth be told, if Mckay got injured before a game against a team with power forwards like Geelong, GWS or Calton, Weiderman would be one of my first picked. Hayes would just be too weak. His strength is his mobility, incepting skills and kicking. Maybe he would be an upgrade on Kelly, Heppel, or even Redman (on 2024 form) but Hawkins or Mckay would make him look far worse than Zerk last year.

To prevent an argument, lets just say that Weiderman is already accustomed to public humiliation so we wouldn’t need to worry about destroying a young players fragile psyche.

5 Likes

I find it baffling that the club started him forward this year. It was clear as day last year by the time he was dropped, that he was done as a forward. He looked ok in defence in a few VFL games last year. So it seemed logical to keep trying that this year

1 Like

AFLM - I like it!

Plenty of good players in both of those lineups.

2 Likes

We look ok in the forward line now with Jones coming on and Caddy showing some promise (still unproven though). But if Jones had stunk it up, Weiderman might have got a run to cover Wright. Not great but I would have picked him as a forward over Draper or Goldstein.

Meanwhile, we seemed stacked in defence at the start of the year with Ridly, Reid and Baldwin all looking the goods.

2 Likes

Which quarter will they let Tsatas play this week?

6 Likes

That forwardline looks like fun.

Pleasingly the midfield looks good enough to actually get them some ball.

Should be a good game to watch.

Collingwood will unveil its top draftee Harry DeMattia in Saturday’s Anzac weekend clash with Essendon at Victoria Park.

DeMattia broke his finger in the pre-season after being taken at pick 25 in last year’s draft, with Magpie fans champing at the bit to see him in action, which he will be alongside VFL star Lachie Sullivan, AFL omission Reef McInnes and the returning Jakob Ryan (hand).

The VFL’s most experienced current player, Tom Wilson, has been listed as managed alongside Harry Kennedy, Patrick Farrant and Connor MacDonald, but all four have been named as emergencies.

1 Like

AFL app shows every game. Tune in at 2 and Chromecast to tv

1 Like

Looks a good match up tomorrow, keep us posted how it all goes David J Richardson.

Radio 3DJR has released the broadcast rights of this game back to the open market.

For some reason, the market placed no value on it.

We will, of course, be covering the main event earlier in the day in excruciating detail.

4 Likes

I’ll be there but have no data so I can’t cover it :frowning_face:

1 Like

6 Likes

Just running my eye over that selected side and over each line.

The emergency is a Monti.
Fark M.Foley, strength on the interchange bench.
Sheil be just excellent onball.
Nothing too Gray about the forward line.
There’s Guelfi between our best and their worst at HF.
And Hately if you like about the centre line.
X factor at half back.
And fark me Hayes, there’s some W.H0ar about the backline.

Based on this observation. Bombers by 60.

1 Like

Nice work @sine_nomine

Big day for a few senior players to push their claims in a winnable game. On paper this is the strongest VFL team we’ve seen all year, and Collingwood are around our level (having beaten only teams outside the top 10).

1 Like