VFL - Round 6 vs Casey @ Windy Hill, 2pm Saturday 11 May 2019 - streamed

Sorry, not quite following @theDJR .

As Pauline once said, “Please explain” …

EDIT: Oh now I get it (maybe). You aren’t expecting Daniher or Bags to play, so not named in VFL, but Ridley, Langford and Hartley named…

But Bags is said to be in Sydney, so he may be an emergency …

Tell me what I am not following…

They officially said Daniher was rested, and Woosha apparently said Bags was too. Neither are in the VFL team. Langford and Ridley are in the VFL team.

1 Like

Thanks, my edit too late, but maybe Bags not an emergency after all, or maybe a “break glass” only in the case of an emergency, emergency.

Casey Radio will also be covering this game: FM97.7, online at caseyradio.com.au, or in the VFL or Tune In Radio apps.

They will start earlier and cover the VFLW game too.

If Mynott is injured, that means the last 3 VFL games has had the next player in line for a senior call up get injured.

1 Like

Anyone coming to the President’s match day function at the VFL tomorrow? Make sure you say hi if you do. Been my favourite club function over the years, great value and a bit of a throwback to how AFL/VFL footy and the EFC was before it became such a massive business.

Are we hiding the Irishman before the mid season draft or is he injured?

These events are superb.

I’ve been to many EFC fuctions over the years and the VFL Presidents Lunches are the most fun by a country mile.

Its an intimate atmosphere, the food is lovely and there’s always a suprise guest or two. We’ve been lucky enough to meet Hurls and Patty Ambrose, have a chat to a few parents of players and then have a drink with the boys post game.

For under $50 it’s money well spent.

If you’re thinking of heading out the the VFL game…and you damn well should be…then give the venue a call and grab a ticket or two to the function…today is your last chance.

These initiatives only survive if we support them, the club does very little to promote them.

http://windyhillvenue.com.au/vfl-vflw-presidents-lunch/

4 Likes

He’s injured

1 Like

Did anyone solves the Mynott mystery?

The position of those logos looks like they’re trying to block something out. Something Joe Daniher size.

1 Like

If they have a legit asterisk next to someone, they sometimes take 2 x emergencies. (As far as I know you can take all 3 if you want, they do for GFs for eg).
VFL after AFL means nobody’s going to miss a game.

1 Like

Begley and Houlahan watch today. Boy do we need a few natural forwards in the team.

2 Likes

Hopefully Begley starts to hit his straps.

Begley and Clarke in to the seniors next week I hope.

1 Like

Can this game hurry up and finish so we can start the preview thread for the Freo game and complain in that one too?

So with Draper out and Clarke in the seniors (LOL) who is in the ruck?

Read – as per the second half of last week.

Somewhat surprisingly, the odds for VFL premiership have not changed since last week: we’re still favourite at $4 with Richmond at $4.75. But I guess the odds are driven by money, not by an objective assessment, and not many have picked up on this massive change in our team.

2 Likes

at least this team brings me pleasure.

1 Like

That’s the full squad, not who is playing today.