VFL - Round 6 vs Sandy @ Sandy, 2pm Sundy 13 May 2018

Watched the game today:

-Aaaron Francis 9.5/10. His second quarter was elite by any standards.
-Clarke 8.5/10. You would think he’s coming into the seniors this week.
-Ridley 9/10. Id go as far as saying he’s a certainty to play seniors this week.
-Zerk 8.5/10. He’ll be an AFL footballer next year. So impressed.

18 Likes

It’s the same game plan

That’s the weird thing

1 Like

Scrappy game. All the players on both sides having a crack, and diving on the ball, tackling like there was no tommorrow. No doubt the intensity was high wiith players on both sides looking to impress the senior coaches

So mids did not look like stars, but the tackling and second and third efforts of both Clarke and Langers were impressive. When called upon to kick Clarke hit targets every time I saw him kick.

Francis just oozes class and our defence played well together, with Ridley, Zerk, Harts and Dea combining well.

Except they actually hit targets by foot

And chase, and tackle, and … try

8 Likes

The VFL players can actually hit a target

1 Like

What a conundrum, the game plan might work if more of the vfl players get a game

2 Likes

I think at least 3 should be playing seniors.

2 Likes

Time for the most sheedy of switches

Swap all the VFL players for the afl players. Except conor and smith

6 Likes

We jump up to sixth on the ladder (note: Willy are ahead of us due to playing and winning an extra game), and maintain a healthy percentage of 137.5

Elsewhere, all teams have now lost at least one game with the Dawks falling to Casey. Franga got their second win for the year (which ensured that Fark Northern stayed second bottom on the ladder).

2 Likes

It’s the “can’t get a run in the Seniors” club handshake.

6 Likes

They must be sh/t blokes

1 Like

The interchange players and steward were almost as over-the-top as the fans in their reactions to Franga’s second quarter heroics.

8 Likes

Stats at all?

I’d add mark.

Ridley, zerk, dea, Francis - all position themselves well, usually in front, and take grabs. As a result, we keep our structure and have players ready to receive those switch kicks.

Compare that to the ones:
Hurley- fumble city
Baguley- plays from behind as a matter of principle
Hooker - can mark
McNeice- plays from behind
Saad - actually ok but then runs and does something stupid
Goddard- cooked

At a MINIMUM, Baguley and mcniece should be replaced by players capable of taking an intercept mark

So depth doesn’t seem to be too much of a problem at the club. We just need to get these boys into seniors!

Clarke and Langford brought in together. They seem to work well together.

2 Likes

I think this is a really valid point. They have each others back and there is a relationship which needs to be encouraged

6 Likes

John was there for the entire game.

14 Likes

Must be happy with the way the boys played today?

2 Likes

yeah thats a good statement.