VFL - Round 6 vs Sandy @ Sandy, 2pm Sundy 13 May 2018

Surely there has to be someone here that can fake outrage about that?

3 Likes

I should have capitalised

How was Clarke’s disposal and Langford’s intensity today?

It was so warm at Sandy today that Dodoro had just a woolen jumper and single puffer jacket on.

2 Likes

Clarke wasn’t just prolific in that first half — he was very damaging. One wonky kick under pressure that nonetheless got to its target, who then did comedy botch of the day to avoid running into an easy goal.

4 Likes

Clarke’s disposal is solid.

Doesn’t bite off more than he can chew and makes good decisions. Can’t recall him having any howlers.

Langers was very good around the stoppages and would have had 25 or more plus a bag full of clearances.

Both are far too good for this level.

11 Likes

Great to hear!

It was like a boxing match where both fighters come out throwing a flurry of punches…then by 3Q time, both fighters are exhausted, just leaning on each other, and occasionally throwing tired punches that completely miss their target.

…I thought Langford’s handling probably held up the best in that tired last quarter.

1 Like

Off topic but I’m glad to see you’re still around the club!

4 Likes

Just on the edges mate, but thanks :grin:

7 Likes

From the official VFL site (www.vfl.com.au):

Goal Kickers: A. Boyse 2, J. Long 2, D. Younan 2, J. Houlahan, N. Hind, J. Merrett, H. Hocking
Best Players: D. Clarke, A. Francis, J. Merrett, J. Ridley, K. Langford, D. Younan

Absolutely, reckon we all enjoyed it, ■■■■■■ hard place to win down there.

7 Likes

You’d never know there was an issue with his kicking.

The kid is an accumulator not because he’s a “beast” but because he is smart, and he’s smart with his kicking too- Short passes to players in better positions than he is. A couple of players like him in the team that consistently get to the right spot and use it quickly and we’ll look like a million dollars but not be quite sure why.

8 Likes

seemed to be a bit of niggle out there today which I enjoyed.

Good team effort.

2 Likes

There was, no backwards steps.

Great performances from at least a dozen of our guys today I thought, terrific spirit in the group.

11 Likes

Hope a lot of the senior team were watching

We took so many backwards steps at the G yesterday half the team ended up in Cheltenham

2 Likes

Largest contingent of senior players I can remember seeing at a VFL game FWIW.

26 Likes

Hopefully a large contingent of them are playing this level next week

21 Likes

Can anyone remember us playing Sandy at home in recent years? I can’t. Is there a fixturing reason why this would be so?

Do you think they learnt anything?

8 Likes