VFL - Round 7 vs Cats @ Windy Hill, 12noon Saturday 19 May 2018

The time stamp for my 1 handball was 55.56, if anyone is interested.
The ball was hard as a rock !

4 Likes

I wouldnā€™t say heā€™s played poorly every game! He had a corky from a tackle second quarter but then heā€™s just VFL listed, blitzers donā€™t really see much in their contributions as someone commented earlier on the VFL listed. Funny that Younan works full time, trains and plays better than full time AFL players who train most days. Boyse same deal. Didnā€™t have a full pre season but coming into to form slowly. Blitzers call poorly but Iā€™m pretty sure they know nothing about whatā€™s going on with the Vfl listed.

1 Like

He put up some serious numbers. Iā€™ve canā€™t recall seeing those sort of numbers from him before.

1 Like

Had a bit of the Bontempelli action. Noice.

1 Like

I agreeā€¦all talk about AFL players but nothing about the VFL guys who hold it togetherā€¦can be in the best but donā€™t get a mention.

1 Like

Are you guys volunteering?

2 Likes

No but if the VFL games are being discussed only fair to talk about the VFL players who contribute every weekā€¦These guys work / study full time aswell as train, when an AFL player is out of form or is coming back from injury they lose their spot. Have to play twice as hard for their chance but get nothing said about how they play.

To be fair to djr you should read his game coverage. If a VFL player is standing out, we will know about it.

Most on here recognise the names, Younan, Hind, Boyse, Ferry & plenty of others for a reason. They are ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  good footballers and they get noticed.

Ultimately this is a Bomber site though and the majority want to hear about the AFL players.

If you attend games Iā€™m sure many on here would be interested in a weekly report.

8 Likes

I am not saying anything about anyone or any coverage. I do attend games, that is why I wonder why more is not reported about the VFL players in the VFL game.will continue to watch the games and keep opinions to myselfā€¦sorry if I offended anyoneā€¦

Alex Boyse is my favourite VFL player, beautiful leap, mark and nice kick. Heā€™s a bit skinny compared to some of the hulks he plays against. Didnā€™t notice much of him on Saturday unfortunately.

Redman everywhere in that period. Not seen that from him before. I guess getting a good amount of games into a player in the 2s can help.

1 Like

What was that, the first time youā€™d dished off a handball in 20 years?

Rusty.

2 Likes

Yep, limp as a wet lettuce leaf, and the boundary ump deserved better.

Hope I get another opportunity soon !

1 Like

So what is your opinion on some of the VFL listed players? Who played well? Good passage a of play? Who do you think is doing good things? All voices are welcome in here, and the more diverse the better reading and following.

4 Likes

No, Richmond scouts call him ā€œMedium Skinnyā€, and know nothing about him even after he kicks five goals against them.

Fark Richmond.

In the meantime, study Stringerā€™s over-the-top handball to Stewart. Textbook precision.

1 Like

I thought the M represented his height and the skinny obviously his weight.

Luey dominated by the looks yet has had very little praise

1 Like

My comment was not a criticism of others. I think djr does a great job in his reports. I was acknowledging that the VFL players have to work a bit harder and I guess I was looking for acknowledgement of that. Iā€™m with lafowl57 no offence intended. Iā€™ll get on with enjoying the game.

2 Likes

wrong.

im just hear to learn about good vfl players we wonā€™t draft.

remember our best vfl player for 5 years and captain that never got given a shot???