VFL - Round 7 vs Werribee @ The Hangar, 2pm Sun 7 May 2023

Interesting. I just feel like he looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders when I see him play nowadays. In 2021 he looked like such a promising prospect but he also looked like he really loved his footy. His energy was great.

2 Likes

Surely it’s an error. Jones needs the run. Is he in the afl emergencies? In case Phillips or draper isn’t right?

Well…
He has.
He’s the key tall forward the oppositions best tall defender will take.
Usually that’s left to 2MP.
It’s quite a major jump in opponents depending on who we’re playing.

There’s a lot more pressure on him to perform than ever before.

Also…
Of interest in the VFL…
Voss is playing further up the ground since Jorgensen has been playing.
It’s obvious they are trying to get him to get used to working up towards the wings.

2 Likes

Well yeah there is. But depending on personality type, some kids actually relish that situation and I guess for others it goes the other way.

I look at Mitch Owens at St Kilda who has appeared to absolutely love being the main target up there in Max King’s absence and even though he’s outsized he’s bouncing around and crashing packs and looks to be enjoying it.

I’m sure part of the situation with Jones would be trying to regain trust in his body though. To me it seems like the repeat injuries have blunted his joi de vivre. I hope he recaptures that and that he finishes this season off strong. At whatever level of footy that is.

2 Likes

Surely, 1 maybe even 2 of these will drop out, to travel with the AFL team. Hopefully Snelling & D’Ambrosio, Reid needs the game time.

Who are the Young Guns?

1 Like

Emilio Estevez was one…too long ago…i saw it in Dallas in 1994.

10 Likes

It’s a side of guys eligible for mid season draft.
And a team of them will play Vic metro under 18s and Vic country under 18s in consecutive weeks.

2 Likes

I hope it’s only 1. I’d prefer guys getting games in the VFL then sitting on the pine.
Menzie looks like he’ll be sub, so only need to take 1 spare imo

2 Likes

Agree, but, teams often take 2 extra to cover all contingencies.

If that’s the case then they might take Reid - the only tall among the emergencies.

Better for Reid to be playing VFl than travelling emergency. Tall VFl backline like last year.

3 Likes

It would be better if the AFL game and the VFL game weren’t on at the SAME TIME!

Why couldnt they switch with the VFLW and play earlier? (No offence to the VFLW, but it just makes more sense.)

PS: Casting from the AFL app on my phone to the TV works fine for me.

Agreed, but, I hope not. He needs time on the ground, and less flying the better after back issues.

3 Likes

I agree. I’d hold him back.

It all really depends on how Zerk is though.
I’m not sure it’s been mentioned in injury reports, but he may still have those teething ankle problems he’s been having since round 1.

I’m really surprised they didn’t bring up Baldwin before Reid (understanding there is a height disparity).

1 Like

That would be a problem!

4 Likes

Why are our matches continuously on the same time as the seniors? Is it that hard to fixture them separately?

1 Like

Each team is going to have them.
All games are played on either the Saturday or Sunday.
Friday night games don’t seem to work well.

How many have we had this year?
Two?

Gate near the food trucks is open.