VFL - Round 8 vs Fark Northern @ Pissy Park, 1pm Saturday 26 May 2018

I encourage you all to take a quick look at the VFL category and marvel at @theDJR’s consistency with thread titles.

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/c/football-discussion/essendon-vfl

does he have to do that or else he loses mod?

The impressive thing about that experiment is that I’ve established that even Blitzers can follow basic instructions, for those times they have started the threads themselves!

I don’t know, the added “- with FRANGA!” makes me think he may be a bit of a loose cannon

2 Likes

I dont like the Sundy when we played Sandy, just asking for trouble

1 Like

Does this mean we’ve got the Richmond talls covered next week?

Who was on Palmer?

Next VFL game clashes with Dreamtime at G I think. Is anyone going to go?

Do the tin rattlers at Footscray have proper lights or are they going to line up their nissan skylines and turn the headlights on?

David Myers.

9 Likes

We did better.

1 Like

They have lights but they’re not very good at all. Last time I couldn’t make out players on the other side of the ground.

1 Like

Where is Cassidy playing this year? I thought he might play with Geelong VFL, but maybe he is back home playing?
I wouldn’t mind keeping an eye on him with a view to a future rookie spot. He struck me (in the few times I saw him play) as pretty similar to Worpol, who looked ok at Hawthorn early on.

Limited stats are out in the VFL app.

We had possession 59% to 41%. The inside fifties agreed, 59-41 as well.

Brown was the leading DreamTeamer with 20 disposals from 10 marks and a lot of running.

HepA’s recent midfield form continues, our second ranked. Don’t think he had the clearances of Parish though. (Hello, joke accounts.)

Around 8 of Franga’s 9 marks were intercepts.

2 Likes

Love the title @theDJR

2 Likes

Younan now equal leading goal-kicker for the league (19 from 7 games).

And he’s doing a lot more than personally kicking goals.

2 Likes

I heard Werribee.

2 Likes

Watch the last quarter (from 1:34:20) and go to sleep happy!

4 Likes

I’m watching it now on a 55" screen.
Despite only 1 camera angle, it’s in very decent quality at 720.
Better than Ch.7’s sh*tty Standard Def.

Fantastic that these games are available in their entirety now, the day after the game.

2 Likes

Just on this clash next week at the Whitten Oval, wasn’t it @Ivan who started the whole Hot Chip thing on Blitz by doing an innocuous chip review from a 2nds game years ago from the above oval ?

I’m sure it was Ivan, but the DJR seems to be credited with this phenomenon, often by a certain horse on Blitz.

Someone did a hit chip thing the week before and then in anticipation of the game at Whitten I pumped up the chips there primarily because of the generosity of the serving size and the value for money. I don’t think they do the big brown paper bag of chips there anymore sadly.

1 Like