14 Likes

Get around Big LAV. Breakout game soon.

Only one thing Radio DJR will be watching

HOT

CHHHHIIIIIIIPPPPPSSSS

Good to see Nick Hind back in.

2 Likes

LAST ENCOUNTER

2017 Elimination Final @ North Port Oval: Footscray 14.12 (96) d Essendon 13.13 (91)

FORM COMING IN

Footscray (10th, 3-4) was again unable to win back-to-back games this season when it lost to Collingwood by 32 points last week. Essendon (4th, 5-2) claimed a fourth straight victory in accounting for the Northern Blues by 73 points in Round 8.

KEY QUESTION

Is another thriller in the offing? These teams have been evenly matched in recent times, with their three meetings in 2017 decided by four, five and five points – including Footscray’s upset triumph in an elimination final. The Bulldogs and Bombers also met in semi finals in 2015 and 2016, with each team winning one of those encounters.

KEY STAT

Essendon and Footscray are the VFL’s second and third-ranked teams respectively for kicks per game, but the generally windy conditions at VU Whitten Oval will test how effective they actually are by foot – and while the Bombers are ranked fourth in terms of average effective kicks, the Bulldogs fall to eighth on that measure.

No problem having Myers in the leadership group.
Perfect character to play 2’s and teach the kids the nuances of the game.

There is no better place to protect the kids.

4 Likes

For the few going, note the game has been brought forward from 7pm to 6pm.

1. I’m not “most folk”, damnit.
  2. I believe you have underestimated the likely proportion of new viewers. Mostly because we have never played Richmond before!!!
1 Like

David Myers teaching anybody ‘nuances of the game’? I guess Leuenberger is teaching the kids about mobility, Colyer is teaching them how to pick up ground balls, and Long is teaching them about contested possessions?

Club has said Myers really understands gameplans,tactics,and other technical aspects of AFL.
Doesnt mean as an individual he can perform as well as others.
But he can help teach.

4 Likes

Are they related?

Clarke and Myers in should help the VFL midfield despite Parish’s injury. Hope Redman still gets some time in there, interesting to see his continued development in that department.

2 Likes

That centre square combination, massive

1 Like

Yep. And considering how good Draper is at effective hit outs. We should pretty much demolish dogs in clearances.

They’re trying to revive our 2017 style AFL centre square.

Any game against the Dogs is always a struggle and will most likely go down to the wire.

Shame I will be at the seniors game as I like watching footy at Whitten Oval.

Footscray teams are a better class than FC VFL , Frankston( R1) or North Melbourne VFL rabble. They are well coached and structure up well in defence, apply a strong press and play fast through the guts. Its not going to be easy against them. It rarely is.

2 Likes

Especially given they’re not playing Million Dollar Baby.

Campbell, Wallis, Jong is a more than handy combination as well, though.