VFL - Round 9 vs Footscray @ Whitten Oval, 6pm Saturday 2 June 2018

Goal to us! Big Lav!
2.5 (17) 4.3 (27)

Green got the first one.

5 Likes

Nope.

Farking 3.8.26 and apparently only one of those kicked, so the boys are putting the pressure on.

Green kicks his second. We’re two points behind coming to the end of the second quarter.

3 Likes

Dogs get one. Half time: 27 - 34.

1 Like

16 minutes into 3rd Q Ess 3.12.30 F 7.4.46

2 Likes

Trav gets one.
36-48
26 mins in.

3 Likes

3/4 time 4.12.36 to 7.6.48

1 Like

Francis gets us going in the final quarter.
42-48

3 Likes

Younan and Jerret goal but it’s too late.
55 -72

Mynott goals at the 30 minute mark.

2 Likes

Thanks DonBomb

4 Likes

Yep @DonBomb good stuff. Hope you can do a review for us

1 Like

Essendon
Goal Kickers: J. Green 2, T. Mynott, T. Colyer, L. Lavender, A. Francis, J. Merrett, D. Younan
Best Players: J. Long, N. Hind, M. Redman, A. Francis, J. Green, T. Colyer

Assuming the first best is a typo

3 Likes

Wasn’t aware Colyer had returned, and he got in the bests. That’s good for him.

7 Likes

Good thing I didn’t go. Telstra refused to connect to blitz (only) for about four hours…

I see you’ve had some coverage in here which is good. Disappointing loss, the effort was good we really just struggled to score in a scrappy contest and missed a few chances we needed to take. Effort and work rate were terrific, just couldn’t finish off.

I had my best as Redman, Francis, Hind and Long in that order.

14 Likes

Did Clarke play?

Yep. Bit of a quiet night for Clarkey.

IN A NUTSHELL: Footscray kept the Bombers at arm’s length throughout the contest under lights at VU Whitten Oval after bagging three goals in the first 10 minutes of the game. From that point, Essendon closed to within six points of the lead three times at different stages but was never able to edge in front.

KEY MOMENTS: The Bombers found themselves just five points in arrears after back-to-back goals from Dan Younan and then Jackson Merrett midway through the final quarter. However, Fergus Greene sealed victory for the Bulldogs with two majors in the space of five minutes in response.

LEADING GOALKICKERS: Footscray – Dunkley 2, Roberts 2, Greene 2 / Essendon – Green 2

FORMLINES: An up-and-down season continued for Footscray (4-4), which has now beaten top-four teams Richmond and the Bombers in between some frustrating losses. / Essendon’s (5-3) loss ended a run of four straight wins.

6 Likes