VFL - Round 9 vs Footscray @ Whitten Oval, 6pm Saturday 2 June 2018

Box Hill lost as well, so we stay in front of them and Geelong.

Francis watch? Anyone?

Took 7 intercept marks, had 12 rebound 50s, and kicked 3 goals.

Pretty impressive considering he did both knees 4 minutes into the second.

4 Likes

According to the interim VFL app stats, Houlahan was our only player to kick a behind (i.e. 12 were rushed). They list Footscray with 9 behinds and 3 rushed.

Real, or VFL stats at their best (especially since @Paul_Cousins mentioned Colyer hitting the post twice)?

So Colyer had a good game?? Any chance he comes back in first game after the bye?

Doubt it. More game time me thinks.

Key question with Zak likely to be out for a while (and Parish already out). Depends how much game time Colyer had yesterday. Named in the bests means he must have had a fair bit of time. He has been training with main group for a while so his fitness might be reasonable already.

R12 was when Crowe has always talked about him being back in his videos (it was originally R7 and then Colyer had a ā€œsetbackā€).

1 Like

BRING

2 Likes

Trav Colyer would be disappointed to know his snaps were considered rushed, as would several set shot misses.

Not real.

3 Likes

Played 60 minutes of game time. Got through well, I didnā€™t have him in my best players but was terrific to see him back and did some nice things.

2 Likes

How did Draper go being the main ruck?

1 Like

Paul I know they were on the best but can you tell us a bit about the performances of Francis and redman - hopefully we see both in the AFL
This week.

2 Likes

Stats are up in the ā€˜Footy Liveā€™ app. Essentially it was a draw stats-wise, except for Footscray being a bit more liberal with the handballing on a dewy cold night with no wind.

They kicked the first three goals as we kicked the first three points, and after that it was evens.

Battled hard but struggled a little against a pretty good ruckman and big body in Campbell.

3 Likes

Count of hitouts for Campbell and Draper close enough to a draw, but Campbell did a bit more around the ground and is rated top player of the game.

Clarke top for us with 20 disposals and 8 tackles.

Green on 19 and 8 plus 2 goals.

Myers 21 and 7 and 2 behinds.

Redman 22 and 4

Dropping lower, Francis with 17 and 2 and 6 marks (3 inside 50s, 4 rebound 50s and 1 goal). Colyer with 14 and zero tackles and 1.2.

Brown appears to have had a dud night as did many of the VFL-listed players. NewLAV may have goaled AGAIN but 2 kicks and 1 handball and 1 tackle and 1 mark ainā€™t too exciting.

Lazarroā€™s debut was 6 kicks, 2 handballs, 1 mark, 6 tackles, an inside and a rebound 50, and a free for. I have no idea where he played so I present this with zero context.

4 Likes

Footscray only had one player exceed 23 disposals (Biggs with 30), so the above isnā€™t as damning as it might seem.

Similar to the past few weeeks, Mason provided real drive in overlap run and and carry off half back while being really positive with his ball use and hard at ball and player, went onto the ball in the second half and probably didnā€™t have quite the impact he did early bust was still very good. Frang again was able to impact a heap of contests by reading the footy coming down, made some terrific spoils and took a couple of intercept marks, took the game on with both run and carry and by foot though some of his disposal was a little hit and miss. Went forward at three quarter time as weā€™d been struggling to score and was able to mark and goal from outside 50 at the start of the quarter, made a heap of marking contests for the rest of the quarter but unfortunately couldnā€™t reel any in.
Strong games from both, my personal two best EFC players in a bit of a scrappy game of not too many standouts.

31 Likes

Thank you

Thanks Paul, reasonable report.

However, I like the DJR channel better.

:grinning:

1 Like

Cheers. People from Dubbo (via my mum) gotta stick together.

1 Like