VFL - week 2 final vs Werribee @ North Port Oval, 2:10pm Sunday 8 September 2019 - on telly and radio

I only watched the first half so far - you can watch the replay on 7 AFL app.
Myers, McNeice, Baguley all look a step above at VFL level.
Clarkes a bit harder to notice as he gets a lot of touches in the contest, but he willed it forward in the wet.
Heppell was good again.
Laguda has had a good last couple of weeks
Bowman competed, thats all you can ask from the kid.

3 Likes

Ha nah, I was halfcut and I still remember that shirt it was so LOUD

I will have to negotiate a variation to my off season contract with my wife, skip what she has planned for me next weekend and try to get to the prelim !

2 Likes

I rated Hartley. Contested in the ruck when we had been losing decisively. Got a lot of clearances by kicking the ball in the middle of packs.

2 Likes

Clarke had a big last quarter, standing up in tackles and getting it forward.

HepA probably credited with 0% efficiency but hack it forward was need of the day.

We lost the hit-outs but Hartley and Bowman were not dead losses after the ruck contests (Werribeeā€™s rucks were).

McNeice insanely busy first quarter.

Jok hard. Ditto Tynan in the back pocket.

Bags always a contributor.

Mynott was decent. Myers a slow start but ultimately our top disposal getter.

Laguda had one of his best games. A few moments of class and hardness in the chaos.

Long made zero errors, and affected more contests positively than his stats suggest.

Landt is one of the VFL players Iā€™d keep if they shrink to just 6 next week (OK, I havenā€™t fully considered balance or our opponent yet, but I think that stands).

9 Likes

Which 6 vfl guys do you think we keep?

Assume Hocking, Heppell, Landt, Bowman.

McKenna?

Wouldnā€™t be surprised if McKenna copped a week for that jumper punch.

The Werribee player made sure everyone see that his lip was cut open.

You can add Aylett as a certainty and Younan of course

Aylett had a better game but I would not call him a certainty (on form, anyway).

Tynan has a case. Laguda was good.

Younan is struggling (so is Hocking, but he still gets a score or two). Landt in front right now.

Where is Nino?!?

1 Like

If Snelling, Lav, Gleeson and Ham all come in, then 4 VFL guys will miss.

Iā€™d say, Heppell, Hocking, Bowman, Younan and Guccione will be the 5 to retain there spots. Need Bowman in the ruck and Gucc down back for height

1 Like

Doubt Gleeson will play.

I liked the look of Tynan, how old is he?

Tynan is 25yo. Heā€™s an ex-AFL player for Melbourne (just 2 senior games) who thought he was retired due to concussion issues. Was originally going to only be a coach for us this year.

2 Likes

This was the highlight i needed after a sad weekend. Pumped for the lads. I think we can go all the way this year. Solid core of players there will some AFL listed guys coming back in the team.

Canā€™t wait for next week.

yep - the VFL side winning is a boost for the club and the supporters. Itā€™ll help build back a winning culture.

1 Like

Thank you to @theDJR, and @IceTemple and others for their updates and commentaries. I enjoyed reading about it without knowing the result, and the tension was palpable.

GO DONS!

3 Likes

where can i find a replay?

Also did we really win a match with no multiple goal scorers?

7 plus I think

yes