VFL - week 3 final vs Willy @ North Port Oval, 2:10pm Sunday 15 September 2019 - on telly and radio

SIBBALD… FROM THE PAINT!!!

OHHHHHHHHHHH
BABYYYYYYYYY!!!

THE BOMBERS ARE INTO THE GRAND FINAL!!

9 Likes

#PonchoPaddy on Sunday when the Bombers make the VFL Grand Final.

Bring it on Mother Nature I’m ready for you.

9 Likes

Gravitational pull smashed the winning goal into your head?

2 Likes

I’ll ensure the gravitational pull is set to the highest level possible.

3 Likes

Wow we have STACKED the VFL side. Snelling wants a flag, good stuff. We’ll win.

1 Like

SportsBet odds

Us $1.96

Them $1.84

Underdogs again, we get no respect.

1 Like

D Myers AND B Myers

The kids are alright!

Money for jam.

Maybe.

(This is not gambling advice and frosty does not take any responsibility for your personal gambling decisions)

1 Like

The VFL release list is out. From it you might conclude…

Playing: Guccione, Hocking, Younan, Aylett, HepA, Laguda, Tynan, Bowman

Not playing: Dixon, Landt, McKenna, Sibbald

That adds up: 15 AFL-listed and 8 VFL-listed. McKenna out for Snelling, and Landt out for Ham.

Excerpt from

KEY QUESTION

Will there be mental hurdles for each team to overcome?

The recent preliminary-final records of these sides provide an interesting side story to this match. The Seagulls are almost infamously renowned for poor results in the season’s penultimate week, having reached preliminary finals in the previous nine years – and in 12 of the previous 13 campaigns – but only advancing to the Grand Final in 2011 (when they lost to Port Melbourne) and 2015 (when they triumphed over the Box Hill Hawks).

Essendon hasn’t made the decider since returning to the VFL in 2013, falling in preliminary finals to Williamstown by 12 points in 2015 and then to beaten grand finalists the Casey Demons by eight points last year. The Bombers led at three-quarter-time that day but couldn’t complete a run from eighth spot on the ladder to the big dance, so there’s plenty of preliminary-final heartbreak in the memory for both groups.

KEY STAT

Essendon faces a massive task to counter the opposition’s prowess in the contest, with the Seagulls ranked first in the VFL for contested possessions per game (averaging 12 more than the 12th-ranked Bombers) and third for average clearances (four more per game than 11th-ranked Essendon). To illustrate this superiority, they beat the Bombers 146-126 in contested possessions and 46-36 in clearances during their Round 17 clash.

On-ballers Aaron Heppell , David Myers and Dylan Clarke will be crucial for Essendon when the ball is in dispute, and if they can break even with a Williamstown midfield led by skipper Adam Marcon , the Bombers are more adept at holding onto possession. They averaged 45 more uncontested possessions and 32 more uncontested marks than the Seagulls during the home-and-away rounds and will likely look to control the game’s tempo on the outside if given a chance.

Does that mean no LAV? :cry:

Why is Heppell on the bench?

Mynott ruck lol,

Hartley starting up forward again.

do you recall how many AFL-listed guys we had last time we played them?

Since we played seven weeks ago, and lost 84-102, and based on the release list speculation above…

IN: Guccione, McNeice, Clarke, Snelling, Ham, Myers, Aylett, Bowman

OUT: Gown, Brown, Hanna, Landt, Fennell, Berry, Lazzaro, McQueen

Let’s try to do a like-for-like comparison:

Guccione for Hanna – I say neutral, but then I like Hanna a lot; however, not a bad thing having a chunky Gooch in the absence of Hartley
Bowman for Gown – not sure Bowman will go two weeks as preferred full-forward, but a team win
Aylett for Brown – meh
Clarke for Fennell – oh hell yeah
Myers for Berry – oh hell yeah
McNeice for McQueen – win
Snelling for Lazarro – win
Ham for Landt – win

The last two aren’t great comparisons, but along with the other changes they point to a massive increase in midfield strength since we last played.

In the last game Jok (25 hit-outs) and Hartley (15) were our rucks.

6 Likes

Did McKenna get rubbed out?

Nope

2 Likes

Channel 7
Watch finals games live on Channel 7 or download the PLUS7 Live app to stream games live or watch a replay at https://7plus.com.au/sevens-vfl
from 2pm

SEN
Tune to SEN, 1116am, online at WWW.SEN.COM.AU or the SEN app .
from 1.30pm

Casey Radio

Tune to 97.7FM in Melbourne, online at www.caseyradio.com.au or on the Tune In Radio app on your smart phone for Saturday and Sunday coverage in 2019.
from 1.30pm

1 Like

■■■■ I hope so.

A reserves premiership usually means a seniors one the year after :smiley:

Can anyone tell me how much tickets are to the VFL finals and are you able to use your membership?