VFLW - Qualifying Final vs Hawks @ Windy Hill, 11:05AM Saturday 11 June 2022

RACIST FC

are hawthorn terrible? how does a qualifying final side kick 1 goal for the game?

3 Likes

Should have read “one team never disappoints”.

4 Likes

Thanks also to the staff and selfless volunteers who enabled them to perform so well.
And thanks also to the commentators, plus the ongoing information in their posts.

5 Likes

Our defensive unit are pretty darn fabulous!

1 Like

they are clearly doing something right, and good on them

im not being smart though, i mean, even if we are an amazing team, i still expect the other team to score more than 1 goal in a qualifying final. Are they seem as one of the “weaker” finals teams?

Hawks lost two good midfielders and their ruck/FF. But I expect they’ll destroy Geelong or the Saints next week.

In our previous tied match they beat us midfield but still could not score for most of the game. Once we won the midfield today, we were always going to win.

3 Likes

Prelim final baby.

Hope the boys are watching today the girls have literally embarrassed them this season

The men don’t even have half the commitment and passion that the girls have

1 Like

One down.

Windy Hill again next week. :muscle:t2:

Thanks to everyone who came down and cheered. Felt like old times! Love you all! :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Next week? Time?

Will be released tomorrow evening I believe :smile:

1 Like

@theDJR how is the final series structured?

See top of this thread.

Basically, next week we play the highest-ranked winner of the elimination finals for a chance to progress to the Grand Final.

If we lose, we have to win the prelim in week three to make it.

1 Like

LOL Geelong.

All of the goals scored at one end.

EDIT: and all of the behinds!

As it sits, if Casey beat Collingwood tomorrow, it’s us v Casey in the Major Semi, and Hawks v Saints in the Minor Semi.

If Collingwood cause an upset, it will be us v Saints in the Major Semi, and Hawks v Pies in the Minor Semi.

2 Likes

Go Pies!

1 Like
5 Likes

The women are the future of football at Essendon.

Best to liquidate the men’s football department.

3 Likes

I know a lot of people aren’t going to read this as it is in the VFLW thread but, seriously, if you want to feel good about the our jumper, get along to a VFLW game. The girls play with passion and heart and they stand up for themselves and the team. From the energizer bunny Ugle, our Forwards Fede/Mia/Jo, our superb midfield and defence… CBomb and our Captain… What more could you ask for?

13 Likes