VFLW - Round 11 vs Footscray @ Windy Hill, 11AM Saturday 15 May 2021

Stop trolling me, EFC.

Crowley named in 43, not 38 like last week when she was emergency.

Friswell takes 47 back from Finning, who was named as 41 at the start of the year but couldn’t be stuffed wearing that.

Yassir, who was named in 47 at the start of the year but beaten to wearing it by Friswell then Finning then Friswell, is named in 40 (replacing Cocomello, who got given that number at the start of the year).

Now, you are just confusing me…

1 Like

Assuming the team plays as named, congratulations to Lori Stepnell for 25 EFC and VFLW games… consecutively!

She is #8 to reach that landmark… Eloise Ashley-Cooper is set to join that club next week.

1 Like

Today’s game is a Radio 3DJR exclusive, and is brought to you by the letters S and W: Stepnell Watch.

You may have noticed I tend to gloss over Stepnell, except occasionally when I note she has had put her head into danger and got it knocked off. She came to us from the Goldfields league, where she had kicked as many as 8 goals in a game the previous year. In 2019 she played overwhelmingly forward, and the thing that excited was her relatively long kicking (something we were not blessed with).

In her 24 games to date she’s kicked just 9 goals, all singles. This year she’s rarely been forward, even after we dropped Quigley, but acts as a backup and under-sized (174cm) ruck. She doesn’t get a significant number of hit-outs but does have some nullification nous and then scraps at ground level. Being on the inside has reduced her opportunities to use that big boot, though.

It’s time to Watch.

3 Likes

Extension on this: DraftCentral named Dojiok the NAB League full-back of the year, and named Friend at CHF in their “seconds” team. So beware!

But in better news for today, DraftCentral also had Friswell and Yassir at the centre bounce for the seconds team.

Gardner on crutches, mini moon boot on the left.

Dicker the emergency is in the warmup, the zebra hair is obvious.

Theodore also out there.

Crowley is warming up with the backs, as named.

Stepnell and Friswell with the forwards.

There is a decent wind favouring the left of your dial (the school end).

Stepnell Watch:

Stepnell about to take a shot on goal when another ball comes at her. She catches it clean in the crook of her left arm, and hands it off to… Crook.

1 Like

Nanscawen does NOT have tape on her leg.

We have a banner!

It’s a week late, though. Didn’t want to go to Geelong?

@Hoffy joins the Radio 3DJR box.

3 Likes

The bastards could have waited for everyone to come out and finish low-fiving Ugle.

1 Like

Gardner hops into the Reynolds Stand to join Cornish, DeMatteo, Theodore, and Fry(?)

Stepnell bench.

Plus Nanscawen Ugle Mackay and Crook.

Yassir starts in the middle.